“Lunch and some entertainment too!”
Review of Edgewaters

Edgewaters
Ranked #2 of 56 Restaurants in Bandon
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a family owned Seafood and Steak House close to the mouth of the Coquille River with amazing ocean, river and lighthouse views. Enjoy the freshest seafood and hand cut steaks or try one of Chef Bob’s Pasta Creations.
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I took my grandmother here while other family members were out fishing. We ordered, a pasta dish and the house burger which was EXCELLENT and shortly there after struck up a conversation with some locals at a table next to us. The were full of information about the area. After they left Grandma and I watched the boats in the river drop crab pots and systematically pick them up. Once the food arrived our surrounding was forgotten as the food was delish. I loved the vegetables served with the house burger and grandma loved both the artichokes on her pasta and the aioli served with my burger. Relaxed and well fed, Grandma began to tell stories which is what I love best. Edgewater is a relaxing, serene location with excellent food and friendly customers. It was a highlight of my trip.

2  Thank BeccaChik

Reviewed May 29, 2012

We chose to dine in the upstairs bar that has a fantastic view of the Coquille River Lighthouse, the North and South jetties and the ocean. We were greeted promptly and allowed to choose our own table. Our server was very pleasant and prompt and we stared out with cocktails. She brought us our dinner menus, and I must say, they were a disaster. They were dirty, smudged, and not a nice presentation at all, especially for a place charging as much as $25. for an entree. We decided to just order a couple of appetizers and enjoy the view. We ordered the sauteed mushroom bruschetta and the goat cheese platter. The appetizers arrived pretty quickly and the mushrooms were outstanding. They were well seasoned, and sauteed to perfection. However, they were not a bruschetta, but instead were served with some soggy bread that was stale. The goat cheese platter was also served with the stale bread that was half-heartedly toasted. It was a shame really, because everything else on the platter was delicious. My advise to the owners is to clean up your menus, or better yet, print new ones, and throw the stale bread away, don't serve it to your customers. Good service and great view, though.

2  Thank Wine76
larrylangenberg, Owner at Edgewaters, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2012

Wine 76,

Let me start off by apologizing for our missteps during your recent visit to our restaurant. We appreciate the kind words regarding our service, and our view. (we like it too). We have reprinted our upstairs menus and have corrected the stale bread issue.
As the owner of chef/ co-owner of Edgewaters I would like to personally acknowledge our mistakes and assure you that they have been corrected. We are a family run operation that takes great pride in every aspect of our restaurant and our food. Unfortunately during your visit we missed the mark. The condition of our menus has been corrected.

The Bruchetta toast is perhaps even more embarrassing to me personally, due to the fact that I am the Chef, and take great pride in the food we serve here at Edgewaters. Ironically we do bake our own bread here daily, and it is this bread that we toast on the grill to produce both of the appetizers you ordered. We have recently hired a few new staff members to our kitchen, and unfortunately our day old bread that we reserve for making croutons was mistakenly used instead of the fresh (ouch). Usually mistakes like this are noticed before they leave the kitchen, but in your case unfortunately, it was not. Once again I apologize for this mistake.

It is our policy here at Edgewaters that if a customer is not completely satisfied with their meal or their overall experience, that we as an entire staff will do everything we can to correct the situation, no questions asked.
I hope that if you find yourself our way again, and that you give us another try. We would love for you to experience our restaurant the way it should be experienced... without the missteps.

Thank you for visiting us, and we hope to see you in the future!

Bob Grizzle
Chef/Owner
Edgewaters Restaurant

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Fresh ingredients, unique menu, excellent service, and a lovely dining room with a view of the river, lighthouse, and jetty -- it doesn't get any better than that.

3  Thank Ginney E
Reviewed May 28, 2012

The menu here was a little limited. I had the California roll, and while it was good, it was not $9 good. Overpriced. Sumin's would have been better. But everybody else in the group seemed to enjoy their lunches. We may be back to try the dinner menu, but I hope they have more offerings.

2  Thank kantor1955
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Like many others, we checked TripAdvisor for a restaurant and this look pretty good and has a nice location overlooking the water.

Each dish was just blah tasting. The place seems to be striving for something more then it is and it's true colors come through in the lack of taste/flavors. None of us finished our meals, which is unusual.

The staff was friendly.

The price was a bit much, $60 for two entrees with salads, a cup of chowder (coffee cup size for $5) and a half order of cheese fettucinni. Too much for not enough quantity or flavor.

We won't be back for a meal here but maybe for a glass of wine at sunset.