“Very nice place that is in a great location.”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Power2ool...
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Very nice place that is in a great location.”
Reviewed July 31, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

We have enjoyed our stay. Made last minute reservations, so could not book our full visit in Bandon.
Had a bit of trouble finding the place as the street numbers were obscured by the bushes.
First impressions were that there was ample space and storage downstairs and very comfortable living upstairs. Yup, has a great view of the coast. Did notice the main travel paths on the carpeting could have used some cleaning, otherwise all was clean and acceptable.
The master bed was very comfortable and we slept very well. Downstairs beds slept well (not us but my M.I.L.), Liked that they provided coffee as a morning cup is important and we did not need to add it to our shopping list.
We used the garage with no problems. The door opener provided, worked from the street corner (some distance away).
We found this to be one of our favorite places to stay in Bandon. An added bonus was the discounted golf at Bandon Crossings, which we took advantage of.
The owners cared very much about our comfort and experience.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Proximity to the beach
Liked least: Carpets
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Management Response
Aug 6, 2015
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in our home, and sorry we couldn't accommodate you longer. It's because it's been so busy that we haven't had time to get carpets cleaned and dried between guests, so we do the best we can and then get in for deep cleaning as soon as things slow down in the fall. Keep in touch when you want to return again!
deborahho...
San Diego, California
“Can't Wait to Return!”
Reviewed September 13, 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

My husband and I hope to retire on the Oregon Coast, and this was our 7th or maybe 8th stay in Bandon. We've progressed from campgrounds, to motels, to vacation homes over the years, and this was our favorite accommodations yet. The house was just as described, and appeared newer than the photos, but maybe it had been remodeled recently. The main part of the house is on the 2nd level, and the view was absolutely spectacular. The house had every amenity that you could imagine (except a crab net and bucket, but we left a brand new set for the next tenants). It's actually a duplex, but we did not once hear the tenants next door. The beds were comfortable, the master bathroom was huge, and our two teenage girls loved having their own rooms on the lower level. In fact, if I had one criticism at all, it was that we allowed our daughters to bring their laptops with them on vacation. They were so comfy in their little private caves that my husband and I enjoyed many a walk on the beach without them. We searched and researched and re-researched many a home before we decided on this one. Next time we would more than likely select our vacation dates around this home's availability.

Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: The view and the proximity to the beach.
Liked least: That we had to leave - ever.
Traveling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
David O
Brush Prairie, Washington
“Fantastic house”
Reviewed June 19, 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

Very comfortable, a great location. We love the rugged Bandon coastline and the easy beach access. Nice beds and excellent eating space. Would rent again.

Traveling group: Teenagers
Catherine...
Bend, Oregon
“Stank to high heaven and was dirty, with bugs.”
Reviewed June 6, 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

At first glance, it looked nice enough, but the stench once inside was horrible. Wet lumber stored in the garage has mildewed, and the smell not only permeates the whole house but is probably a health risk. We opened windows to air it out and kept them open all night to have healthy breathing. My new Audi Q7 still stinks today from being parked in the garage. Compliments of the lumber, huge carpenter ants have invaded. The things are Big! The futon, a dark brown, was smeared with white crusty stuff and sprinkled with food crumbs. I'll give you one guess what I think the white smears were. It became a no-touch zone and was disgusting. Sofa, also covered with food crumbs. Kitchen utensils dirty. I washed everything I used. All About the View is accurate,; little else to recommend, and even the view is compromised by windows so dirty that it is like looking at spectacular through a fog. Cleaned the oven while there. It was also filthy. I did not spend the hours needed to scour off the oven build up, but after using the self clean function, I did wipe it out. I left it better than it was. And I took timed and dated pictures of the dirty carpet, a broken sink plug, and the dirt. No way am I getting stuck for the broken bannister or anything else. On the phone, I found the owner to be nice. I think she simply has a manager who isn't, A: cleaning properly, or B: isn't bothering to check the performance of the housekeeper. As for being great for older people? NOT! It is a split level with the living area upstairs and two bedrooms and another bath downstairs. The midget toilets are geared for children, not adults, especially not older adults. The seats are low to the floor and small. No commode brush in sight to clean up if you make a mess because of the mini seats. To leave, unpack, or pack back up, you spend two hours going up and down the stairs. Older people don't wish to do that. If we are going to exercise, let it be outdoors with fresh ocean air, not inside, trying to strain the stinky air through clenched teeth.

When I pay this much per night, I expect a certain standard. I've stayed at many condos on the coast. They have always been lovely. If they aren't perfect, I at least expect clean and sterile. Very icky experience, all the way around. I will never go back. Never slept in a bed. When the furniture is smeared and covered in crumbs, it takes no genius to realize that the supposedly "clean" sheets may be even worse. I sandwiched myself between blankets that at least looked clean, and I covered the dirty sofa for my son to sleep there. I was, and still am, after checking out yesterday, disappointed and appalled. Highway 101 robbery. Would I recommend this place to a friend? No. Not even to an enemy.

Traveling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
Jun 17, 2014
First I must apologize that those boards were left in the garage; I was unaware that they were there. We have been doing some maintenance work on the outside and the contractor stacked them there before removing them, and then didn't want to disturb you after you arrived. If you had mentioned it when you first arrived I would have had them removed promptly. I'm sure they were very unpleasant. They are now gone, and the garage and house aired out again.

The railing and sink stoppers have also been repaired. Some things are not apparent when cleaning, and we welcome comments from guests if they discover a problem. We will come in during a stay if needed to make repairs or fix something that has been noticed.

The housekeepers try to check for messes, but it is sometimes hard to find utensils and dishes that other guests may have put away dirty. They don’t usually have time to do deep cleaning between guests, but go in periodically when the opportunity arises, or during a stay if a guest finds a something that needs attention. We appreciate guests keeping us informed about such things, since they may not be noticed during regular housekeeping, when we are focused on clean sheets, bathrooms, kitchen, floors, etc.

Our sheets are always clean, with extra clean sheets stored in the closets. Now we know that you have slept between the blankets, we will launder them freshly again. The housekeeper called me to ask about that, since they could tell that the bed sheets had not been opened (they have a way to be sure they wash sheets on all beds that have been used, whether or not they look unused). Apparently you didn't open the bed to see if the sheets looked clean.

We try to make it clear in our listings that we have stairs, and in our emails before you came I did remind you of that fact. We know many people have problems with stairs, and so don’t recommend this home for them without discussing it. I’m sorry they were a problem for you. Also, since we didn't specify over-sized toilets, the plumber installed standard sized, and I have chosen not to leave commode brushes out since they aren't sanitary. Once again, a call to the housekeepers could have remedied that.

I was very distressed to find your stay was not as you would have wanted, since we have prided ourselves in providing a great vacation home, and with proper communication and help from our guests we will hopefully be able to continue to offer a great experience for travelers in the future. We thank all our guests for bringing any issues to our attention so that we can correct them.
Carla
TX
Reviewed August 22, 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
jlayk
Singapore, Singapore
“Everything you need, plus an incomparable view”
Reviewed February 12, 2012 for a stay in July 2011

All the comforts of home and more, plus an unforgettable view. Beds very comfy, bath fixtures very nice. Good quality finishes all around. Fully outfitted kitchen with blender, lots of utensils, even tupperware. We had plenty of room with two little kids, two bigger kids and four adults. Stairs to beach access right out the door. The beach here is something special, even when it's very windy. Incredible beach views and sunsets right out the livingroom windows and front balcony. Huge garage and laundry if needed. Park and substantial playground nearby. Hard to imagine a better vacation house in Bandon. The owner even offered us a discounted rate!

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: the view and the fabulous house overall
Liked least: the wind, but that's the Oregon coast!
Traveling group: Family with Young Children

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Liked best: Beautiful Ocean Views
Liked least: Can't think of anything
Traveling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 45-54
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists Large groups
Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing