“First Stop in Bandon”

Bandon Fish Market
Ranked #1 of 55 Restaurants in Bandon
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We come to Bandon 1-2 times a year and first stop is always the Bandon Fish Market for the fish and chips. We like to save calories and they are nice to substitute two cole slaws for the fries....really good and super good fish.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Nothing like fresh fish and chips in a friendly atmosphere with great service. Loved their cole slaw recipe (with cranberries!).

1  Thank Kathy B
Reviewed December 15, 2012

We get receipe from the owners and try them out. What a fun place. I like to make Coquille St. Jacque. When I come to the Coast I buy Sea Food it is my favorite food.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The place we wanted to have lunch was closed, but they were getting a delivery and I asked the guy what's open and good. No hesitation. Bandon Fish Market, which was around the corner. The fish and chips we're great, not oily. I liked them better than the chowder, but my wife enjoyed it and it had a lot of clams. Definitely a lot of food for the money. My son spilled water at the self-service fountain and the people who work there took it all in stride.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

In the four days we spent in Bandon, we ate here three separate times after our initial visit while strolling around in Old Town. The restaurant is easily located as the light blue building in the public parking area directly adjacent to the public docks -- and has an outdoor dining patio in the event you are travelling with a dog, as we were -- and is also a good place for people watching. It is staffed primarily by young people who were exceedingly friendly and accommodating to requests for selections off of the menu and out of the fresh fish case.

The menu extends from fish-and-chip selections where you can choose they type of fresh fish that you prefer; great chowders -- I had the smoked salmon and clam, both which were well-seasoned and balanced in composition; seafood salads and cocktails -- and a very tasty lobster roll, which made a repeat appearance on our table at all three visits. Price-wise, we found the Bandon Fish Market a bargain for the quantity and quality of the fresh seafood we ate there -- and we would recommend this eatery for a casual dining experience when in the Bandon area.