“Good choice for casual dinner”
Review of Tony's Crab Shack

Tony's Crab Shack
Ranked #3 of 54 Restaurants in Bandon
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Santa Maria, California
“Good choice for casual dinner”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We had dinner at Tony's during our stay in Bandon. Like many of the local restaurants, the indoor seating area is quite small, but we managed to get a table. The woman at the counter was very friendly, even telling me I could have an iced tea refill and didn't need to wait in line for it. My daughter and I each ordered a small side salad which was brought out first, and it was an excellent salad with good greens, tomatoes, cucumbers and more. My daughter had a crab cake which she said was very good, lots of crab meat. I had the fish tacos, which came with a tasty sauce. The fish seemed a little dry to me, so the sauce was welcomed. The flavor of everything was excellent.

Visited June 2014

Rural SC
“Casual Eats- but some of the best food in town”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Tony's is always busy- so be prepared to wait unless you are lucky on your timing. We have only eaten there for lunch- but for the week we spent in Bandon, we ate there 4 times- so that should
tell you that we enjoyed our meals. The fish tacos are a good choice, as are the crab cakes, but our hands-down favorite was the steamed clams. Perfection!! We had them three times!! My husband liked the prawn cocktail, too. We both had the clam chowder- and in my opinion, it is not
the best- thick and pretty bland, and I would not order that again with so many other tempting things to choose from! As I said- "steamers!" There are only a few tables inside, but outside is fine if it is not too cold, windy or raining. I saw a lot of to go orders getting picked up- and that might be a good option.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank acekingqueenjack
Salida, Colorado
“It's OK”
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

If you want local flavor at the dock this is a good choice. I've read the reviews, but personally I didn't walk away feeling that this place would be my "go to" establishment. I have had better and worse. A good place for lunch, but wouldn't recommend it for an evening out for dinner. They close early. As for the quality of the seafood you be the judge, but as for me it's just ok.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Tom B
Portland, Oregon
“Always worth the wait!”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Always fresh, and always tasty, Tony's Crab Shack has become our go-to place in Bandon for a (relatively) fast, casual seafood meal. The oysters grilled with garlic and butter on the half-shell stole the show in two visits over last weekend, but my wife and I also enjoyed the fish tacos, crab cakes, and crab & shrimp cocktails. It might have helped that we had a craft beer or glass of Oregon wine with the food, but down to the grilled garlic bread, every bite was satisfyingly good.

Given what it is - a small, cedar shake sided building that just screams Oregon coast - Tony's has a surprisingly wide variety of offerings: soup/chowder, salads, sandwiches, grilled seafood, pasta.... Dishes even "foodies" will enjoy. Nothing deep-fried though, and everything is made to order. So expect to wait, and don't expect fast food prices. But do expect friendly, efficient service.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank thrumylens
Bandon, Oregon
“Bandon Fav”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Tony's is the best! Always busy and fun, locals and tourists mix in line, share tables. Tony's has the most patient and efficient crew ever plus a great variety of fish and seafood. Fresh crab and fish right from the marina dock...fish tacos are very affordable and delicious. Yah, it's famous for a reason!

• Visited May 2014