“amazing fish tacos!”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Ashland, Oregon
“amazing fish tacos!”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

great location right on the main dock....our kids had the usual kids staples (hot dog/grilled cheese), my wife had the grilled fish and I had the fish tacos.....everything was perfect!

Visited May 2014

Fremont, Ca`
“An isolated food preparation incident ????”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

A bad experience; hopefully an isolated incident based on the mostly rave reviews that this restaurant has received. Ordered the Grilled Rock Fish with Cilantro Lime sauce (the diner chooses what will be used to baste the fish as it grills). My order was served and the fish was not grilled - not a grill mark in sight. It looked like it had been poached and it was covered with what tasted to be their butter/garlic sauce which had green flecks of dried lime zest and not a bit of cilantro. Butter/garlic was one of the sauce choices and I definitely did not want it so was doubly disappointed that it was slathered on the fish. The texture of the fish was OK; it was just not cooked the way that I expected and definitely not sauced as ordered. There were 4 filets, I ate a whole one and was going to make the best of it. When I took a bite out of the next piece, it had a completely off taste, so I left the rest. Not worth it to complain because at that point there wasn't anything else on their menu that I would have wanted. I was that disappointed that if the restaurant didn't have the sauce and/or wasn't able to grill that I should have been informed so that I could have ordered something different. Feeling as if the wool had been pulled over my head but unwilling to make a whimper because at that point it just wasn't worth it.

• Visited May 2014
Roseburg, Oregon
“Best Fish Taco's, Steamer Clams & Oysters!!!”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

My husband and I LOVE coming to Tony's whenever we come to town! That's usually several times throughout the year. Great atmosphere and view of the boardwalk/bay. The fish taco's, steamer clams & oysters ROCK!! We've also tried the seafood platter and it was excellent too! (Steamer clams, 1/2 a crab and shrimp scampi). There are only 3 shrimp-it would seem more of a value with 5, imo. My husband loves, loves, LOVES the grilled oysters! It comes with 6 and he usually gets 3 cilantro lime and 3 teriyaki. I'm not a fan, but he is an oyster connoisseur and he said they are grilled to perfection! The crab melt is also excellent with a generous portion of crab and it comes with homemade chips. YUM! Chowder is very good….Just go! - you won't be disappointed!!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank So-OR-Gal
Talent, Oregon
“Really good quality food”
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

Really good. Fresh and tasty. Portions were small and prices high but really tasty. My daughter got the clams for dinner but was still hungry after. Her dinner came with a piece of toast. I would suggest ordering chowder to go along with meal.

Wales
“Fish tacos to die for.”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

While driving down the coast with family, my parents were set on this place for lunch (even though we were a bit behind schedule and it meant our lunch was a little late)--and afterward I can see why! You know a crab place is going to have fresh food when you see somebody walking a live crab over to it while you're parking the car. On my parents' recommendation we each got fish tacos, and were not all disappointed (we were still talking about how good they were days later). Saw someone else eating steamed clams which looked pretty delicious as well. It was about $11 for three tacos (we got three plates between four people).

It's just a little place--a shack quite literally--and doesn't have a lot of room; if it's a windy or cold day the inside will be crowded. There were only a couple small tables left so we couldn't sit together, but that's fine. (We had plenty of togetherness time in the car anyway.) Definitely worth making a point to eat there, even if just passing through!

Visited April 2014