“Packed in like sardines but SO good!”
Review of Tony's Crab Shack

Tony's Crab Shack
Ranked #3 of 57 Restaurants in Bandon
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Small place with limited seating but big taste in seafood! We eat here every time we visit Bandon. We love the fresh chowder, crab cakes and coleslaw! Best crab cakes around! Definitely worth the stop! Great friendly staff too. They have a few tables inside but if the weather is nice you can eat outside.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We have a big family and showed up during a busy time on spring break. Two locals had already said this was the place we HAD to eat. The famous crab cakes were sold out. I was very impressed with how fast and hard the staff worked to keep up with the demand, and with how clean the cooking areas are (cooking areas are open so you can see.) The fish tacos were good, a little dry and bland for my taste but still good. Add some hot sauce and they got lots better. The crab was awesome. Chowder was very good. But the star of the show was the teriyaki sauced oysters....i hate oysters, my husband ordered them....but I tried one and seriously these were amazing. The cocktail sauce was fantastic too, best I've ever had. I wonder if they make it themselves? Meals came with cut fruit, big chunk of yummy garlic bread & coleslaw (boring). We got a quart of chowder for $13 bucks...good deal for my family. I want to go back for lunch and have the famed crab cake or crab sandwich. Small place, but lots of seating outside on the beautiful bay. I loved the port hole doors to the kitchen. So cute.

1  Thank BanksHillbillyMama
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Great variety of fresh seafood. In winters not enough indoor seating, but lots of outdoor for warmer weather. Really enjoyed our meal of fish tacos, hot shrimp and crab sandwich.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Fresh! There are a few place to get fresh seafood in Bandon. You can't go wrong with Tony's. It doesn't get any better than this. Delicous fresh raw oysters. Nice thick chowder. Fresh Dungeness crab. Everything you'd expect from a seafood shack on the northwest coast. Nothing fancy here. They serve the seafood in plastic baskets which adds to the exprience. They also have a gift shop and a bait shop adjacent.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

A group of us had finished golfing at Bandon Trails and wanted to get some late lunch in Old Town Bandon. We had wanted to try Tony's Crab Shack so we went straight there. My friends ordered the crab sandwiches while I went for the Lobster Roll. I was not disappointed with my choice. I ordered a cold beer to go along it. The kettle chips with the sandwich were simply delicious. My buddies loved their crab sandwiches but they were already looking forward to coming back and get their own Lobster Roll. There are many items on the menu so I do look forward to trying other good eats from here!