“Great seafood and casual atmosper”
Review of Bandon Bill's Seafood Grill - CLOSED

Bandon Bill's Seafood Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Indoor and outdoor ocean view dining in Bandon by the Sea. Live crab & lobster tank, excellent seafood, choice steaks and great burgers. Expansive wine list with full bar.
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Great for outdoor dining right on the harbor in Bandon Oregon. Daily fresh catches - great sandwiches - fabulous crab cocktail.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stayed at the Best Western in the same parking lot on our drive up the coast. We went to Bandon Bills. Waited for about a minute to be seated. Bartender came over and ask if we had been helped. Then the host came over and showed us to our seats. About a minute later the host came over and said they were very short handed and he would also be our server. The place started getting busier (not packed), and the host (server) male, and the only other server female were getting extremely nervous. Every new customer that came in they told how short handed they were that night, and please be patient with them. Then the 2 servers were jogging through the restaurant to bring food and take orders. The bartender was clearing some of the tables and helping a bit. There was no back up plan. Staff was friendly, food was good, and came in a timely manner. When the bill came it was on a receipt, and the server wrote in a tip line and a total line...He said if I wrote that in, he would run in the back and run our credit card again to add that in because there system couldn't do it. We just left the tip in cash and went on our way. Like I said, food was good, location excellent, view of the beach, and they will always have customers with people staying at the hotel next door. The problem is I don't think they will get repeat customers with the locals if there is other choices in town. I could be wrong, some people are very loyal customers. I read some of the other reviews, and I don't think this was a one time short handed thing, I just think they are understaffed all together. If I stayed at the Best Western again, I would give this place another shot, knowing what to expect. I am just leaving this review in hopes that the management will correct the problem before it is too late.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We were staying at the hotel next door and just got in from a very long drive. We wanted something good and quick so we decided to walk across the parking lot to this restaurant. The sunset view was great! My husband had clam chowder and BBQ wings. I had apple pie with ice cream. The clam chowder was too starchy/pasty and tasted terrible. The BBQ wings were interesting as they had cranberry juice mixed in. Not a recipe I would try again but ok for the 1 time. The apple pie was great and was a good comfort dish.

1  Thank jav9206
Reviewed September 22, 2013

They have a captive audience here since it is attached to the hotel. Since it was late, we decided to eat here and when we walked in there was no one at the front desk.. It took about 10 minutes for someone to show up to seat us. We were promptly told that they were understaffed but we ordered a cocktail before dinner and waited. One hour later the food arrived! The crab cakes were inedible, mushy and full of breadcrumbs served plain on a plate. To their credit, when I complained and sent it back they took it off the bill. The food server was polite but the whole place was understaffed. Highly recommend going to a different place if you're at this hotel.

1  Thank TBS55561
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Recommended by hotel staff next door to restaurant. Wish I had read previous reviews because I can only reiterate what has already been said. Understaffed! Our waitress also served as the bartender. Why not have a bartender??? Our waitress had tables spread out all over the restaurant. What happened to stations? Management needs to be much more efficient and pay attention to what needs to be fixed. Our meal was mediocre at best...tiger prawns were puny in size...small red potatoes with overdone brussell sprouts and the al dente asparagus was one degree above raw. No bread served at all. The wait between soup and entrée was much too long. Our cocktail was served immediately before the soup. Many lessons to be learned here. Definitely not worth the price.
September 20, 2013