“worst experience ever”
Review of Bandon Bill's Seafood Grill - CLOSED

Bandon Bill's Seafood Grill
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Indoor and outdoor ocean view dining in Bandon by the Sea. Live crab & lobster tank, excellent seafood, choice steaks and great burgers. Expansive wine list with full bar.
Arcata, California, United States
“worst experience ever”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

First it took 10 minutes for the staff to even notice we were waiting for a table...once finally seated we were treated to iceless lukewarm chlorinated water and no drink order....after another 10 min finally got a drink order....i ordered the live maine lobster...out.... ordered the rack of lamb...out.... ordered the pork ribs....out..... finally got the Ribeye with Rissotto, my girl ordered the smoked chicken and we ordered the crab cakes for an app.
first the bread came with some small attempt of uniqueness with roasted garlic stuffed sourdough baguette...FAIL
next was the crab cakes with roasted red pepper couilis...such a waste of fresh crab...there was soo much oil on the plate from the crab cakes draining onto the plate that the sauce was completely submerged...awful
the steak ordered mr came raw unseasoned and had at least a 45% fat ratio, and the rissotto was a childlike attempt at a simple dish gone wrong
the smoked chicken while smoked and cooked perfectly was not seasoned at all and totally bland.
and the music..OMG..a couple in their 80's trashing some oldies and not so oldies with a sax just made me want to leave via the window..overall it took 2 hours for dinner.
i may never come to bandon again but if i do i will never eat here again and will never let anyone i know eat here nor will I ever stay at the ajacent Best Western as i may end up in a situation where I have no choice but to attempt to eat here again
btw I am a chef and have been in the business for 35 years and never wrote a bad review of any other estblishment

• Visited February 2013

Coburg, Oregon
“Great food here!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My in-laws and husbands family came to visit and stayed right here at the hotel so we had dinner. Good menu selections. We had a large party of 11 people. Everyone enjoyed different selections from seafood to steaks. I had the clam chowder and a spinich salad, The salad was large and full of flavor. The seafood that my 17 year old son tried was a variey of the sea and he enjoyed every bite. I heard the steaks were tender and juicy. and the others had a couple different things off the menu. The little kids enjoyed thier food. This is a definate come back place. I will recommend this place for sure.

Visited June 2012
Grants Pass, Oregon
“Live Maine Lobsters!”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is our favorite spot to dine on fresh Maine lobster for birthday getaways to the coast. We have stayed at the BW and dined at Bandon Bills several times. It's always good.

Visited January 2012
Merlin
“Worst Meal I ever had”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

My husband and myself ordered the Rib eye it was the worst steak we ever had, the service was terrible and they were not busy. We go to Bandon a few times a year, but we will never eat there again.

• Visited December 2012
Seattle
“Where's the fish?”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I ordered the cioppino for the 3rd year in a row. The last two Christmases we've visited the area, the food here has been excellent. This year the stew had probably 5 mussels, 3 clams, 4 shrimp,a few pieces of calamari, but no fish of any kind. The cauldron of spicy very-tomatoey & peppery soup was enormous but no luck finding a wee piece of salmon in the depths.. For $21 i would have expected a little more seafood in the seafood stew. The pot was also very hot (no warning from the server), and one of the handles on the pot was broken.

The service as usual was very poor. No one to greet you at the front, except the piano player kindly yelling over to say take a seat anywhere and somebody would be with us. The waitress was doing her best, as she told us with every pass by the table once we were seated.

My boyfriend is much more patient than I am with these things, but even he had to wonder at the serves-3 rice-a-roni blob that came with his $25 salmon.

The poor service is a mystery that seems to just come with the building, but in the past the food was so good, it didn't matter....just have another glass of wine while you're waiting. We won't be back after the 3rd time that was NOT a charm.

• Visited December 2012