“Outstanding service”

Cuisines: American, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012

McFarlin's is really a sport's bar. We went there to watch the Duck's game last Saturday and I ordered the fish and chips. When they arrived, I think the cook was in a rush because the french fries were not drained of grease at all. I didn't want to say anything because I was hungry and the fish was fresh and, as I said, I was really hungry. The server could tell that something wasn't right and insisted on knowing what was wrong. I showed her the amount of grease left in the bottom of the basket and she quickly whisked them away and insisted that the cook make another order, which he did and personally delivered with an apology. That was really nice and above and beyond what you would expect in such a casual dining establishment. I give them a lot of credit, and the new order was great. Well done!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Great burgers, salads, pizza, beer. The service is bad. You will get your first beer and your food, then the wait staff disappears. No second beer, I even have a hard time getting the bill. And don't even think about paying at the counter. The staff at the counter will sneer at you and say that your waiter/waitress will bring you the bill. I've considered dining and dashing- instead I ask that the waitress stop by with the bill when she's done sitting with her friends.

1  Thank 1989PR1
Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Screw Buffalo! I dont think I've had buffalo wings with more meat on them anywhere else! Ordered the half dozen (got 7!) and I was stuffed! Good burgers and pizzas too! Nice selection of Oregon brews on tap. I'll be back.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Yes you can have deep fried pickles at this place and they also have great burgers. one night I had the salmon dinner and it was good.
I think we had the owner one night waiting on our table he was kind and cordial.
The food came fast and hot.
lots of flat screens to watch if you tire of looking at locals and tourists.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

We're part-time residents of Bandon and always head for the "Cheers" of the town when we are in residence. The menu is a nice variety of sandwiches, seafood, salads, and great thin-crust pizza. Service is always excellent and the manager regularly makes the rounds of the tables to make sure everything is to your liking. If you love french fries, this is the place. They offer a huge serving of several different varieties. Drinks are well-made and there is a nice selection of beer on tap. Burger are huge The chopped salad is always fresh. Finish the meal with a "chocolatini," a locally made confection with layers of chocolate in a martini glass that will leave you satisfied and looking forward to your next visit! Bandon wouldn't be Bandon without McFarlin's. If you want a good meal and drink where you can take your time and never feel rushed, be sure to visit.