“Best resort Golf”

Bandon Dunes Golf Resort
More attraction details
Owner description: New classic golf course built high above the Pacific.
Reviewed June 15, 2013

If you are playing Bandon for the first time do spend the extra for a caddie. They help make the round very enjoyable. We played both Bandon Dunes and Pacific. From the practice facility to the golf shop this is a first class resort. We did not stay here so I can not speak for the accommodation. Weather is very changeable . Food is a little pricy but not much more than a private course. Good selection of clothing.

There are newer reviews for Bandon Dunes Golf Resort

Reviewed June 13, 2013

This was my third time visiting Bandon Dunes and it continues to exceed my expectations...a must on each golfer's bucket list.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Totally beautiful views, the courses are in great shape.The 3 of us stayed in the "Inn" and were very comfortable with 2 queens. We ate all 3 days on the property and were delighted with the fare. Nice little patio to sit in the sun and watch the golfers on the 18th hole. Lots of deer and wildlife. Had a great time!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Old Mac was a struggle for me a 24handicapper- long and tough.

Bandon Dunes was manageable. As usual, stay out of the rough and bunkers. When you get to the holes by the sea - stop to take in the beautiful sight.

Will be back to try the other courses!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I travelled to Bandon the third week of May, and was disappointed based on expectations of a maintained golf course based on the green fee of $280. I played Old MCDONALD, PACIFIC DUNES and Bandon Dunes in the span of 36 hours. All the courses were scenic, but the condition of the greens was not up to snuff. PoAnnua grass was plentiful and allowed to grow to small flowery patches on the greens, especially on Bandon Dunes, making putting less than desirable. The staff at the golf course and at the resort were outstanding and very accommodating. I also played a neighboring course in Bandon, Bandon Crossings, which I found to be in much better condition at a fifth of the course. I also played the OGA course near Portland and found it to be very conditioned and a pleasure to play. I had previously played and reviewed Streamsong Resort in Florida in March and found that to be of much more value and pleasure to play than Bandon Dunes. If you have a choice of destinations pick Streamsong.

1  Thank Tom H