“Bandon Dunes Golf Course”

Bandon Dunes Golf Resort
More attraction details
Owner description: New classic golf course built high above the Pacific.
Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Bandon Dunes Golf Course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

I decided to play Bandon Dunes on Tuesday but no tee times so I played on Thursday and had the course to myself and my caddie. Yes you have to play with a caddie which was very enjoyable and a nice walk to look at the scenery. Watch for porcupines there are a few and they will shoot their thorns. It is a very open golf course so with the caddie finding your ball was no problem. I did lose one ball over 18 holes because I didn't want to look for it(see porcupine above). I played the 18 holes in about 3 hours which is fast. I was glad the caddie was there because I would have been all over the course the holes kind of run together because of the openness. Never did figure out the greens because the grass is the same on the greens and the fairways. It seems the flag stick was like in the fairway if you are not use to this type of course. I would like to stay here for awhile and play all the golf courses. There is nothing like playing golf with a caddie.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank rxmangeg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Hayden, Idaho
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Bandon Impresses Again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

For the fourth year in a row, I went to Bandon with some friend to play golf this winter and it did not disappoint. This was the worst year we have had for weather and it was still a lot of fun. Iwill be going back every year for the forseable future.

Visited January 2013
Bend, Oregon
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best golf experience in USA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

We've played 3 of the four courses at Bandon. If you love golf, then a trip here is worth it. The whole experience including the staff interaction at Bandon was well above par - no pun intended.i wish they were more dog friendly.

Visited February 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Golf, Staff, Facilities = A”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Been coming to Bandon for over a decade for our father sons 3 day golf outting. The golf is wonderful, facilities comfortable and very functional and the staff are well trained and very customer service oriented. The staff service in particular seems to be getting better each year. Bravo! They really make you feel like you are a guest in their home. My only criticism is that the quality of the food is not consistently at that standard. The food at the golf courses is outstanding though with a limited menu. We ate at mckee's twice and it was hit and miss. Main lodging dinning was very good though a bit too pricey.

Eureka, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“"JUST GOLF"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

For the past 8 yrs I've joined a group of 80/85 people every Super Bowl weekend and played all four courses at Bandon Dunes Golf Resort. The rates are less and the weather is better. They have added a buffet for our group to enjoy while we watch "THE GAME". It's golf Christmas in February!!