“Great family restaurant”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 3, 2014

The family that runs the restaurant us friendly and the service is fast. The food is good. It's a great place to linger with friends or family while enjoying the harbor view.

1  Thank Papajor1

Reviewed January 29, 2014

We were traveling through Bandon and looking for lunch on a Sunday afternoon. We checked several of the local favorites and they were somewhat busy and very slow in dealing with customers. We wandered down 1st St. and found La Fiesta. It was quiet, had a good selection of Mexican beers and we were served promptly. The food we ordered was excellent. Both of us had Chile Relenos and I had a couple beef tacos and my wife had a pork tamale. The Chile Relenos were very good and the tacos and the tamale both had a very large amount of meat with no filler rice or beans. In fact, my wife's tamale had more meat than all of the tamales she had ordered in other restaurants in the past 50 years. I was somewhat confused by the most recent review by a San Diego resident criticizing the food. We spent 28 years in San Diego and found that their Mexican food was no better than this. Guess this is why we have multiple choices. We will return to La Fiesta when we visit Bandon again.

1  Thank Oregon_Coast_Duo
Reviewed October 26, 2013

This is not Mexican food.

I ordered a chili relleno and cheese enchilada with beans and rice. When the plate arrived, I couldn't tell the relleno from the enchilada. Both were swimming in stringy cheese and sauce. This is what bad Mexican restaurants do to disguise the awful flavor of their food. This place was no exception. When I finally got to the relleno (canned, not fresh), it was bland and limp. The enchilada was no better.

Margaritas were served instantly, a sure sign that they were made from a mix. Their best "tequila" is Cuervo 1800. I could barely taste the Cuervo and there was not a lime slice to be seen.

Being from San Diego, CA where good Mexican food abounds, I have high standards. La Fiesta didn't even come close. It was some of the worst Mexican food I've ever had. Stay away from this place at all costs.

1  Thank PhotoCitizen
Reviewed September 26, 2013

My boyfriend and I ate here. There are a few places to eat in the old town of Bandon, I would recommend this as the food was good, the portions were huge and the staff were friendly.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

The wait staff was very quick and very attentive. The food was plentiful and the price was AWESOME!!!! You wouldn't know it from the outside and is worth the meal if you cannot get fish and chips because they close at 5pm.