“Uncaring, indifferent staff, poorly lit halls, noisy.”

Best Western Sunridge Inn
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Baker City
Reviewed July 7, 2010

This was the 2nd BW hotel we stayed at on our trip and were really regretting it. We reported poor internet service and were told 'nothing works in Baker City'. We went to the lobby for coffee serveral times to find none had been made. At one time we overhear the staff person tell another customer who asked about fresh coffee ' oh, I guess nobody made any'... and then turned away. The halls were very dark and the walls were very thin (i.e we could several loud arguements that occured in the hallway during the night. ) The bedspreads were highly suspect of not being clean. Overall, just not a good experience. On the plus side, the court yard and the pool area were beautiful! What a shame that the same amount of care and pride doesn't go into the hotel. However, the stay was not expensive and I guess you do get what you pay for.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank PeggyM72

Reviewed June 20, 2010

After a bad experience at another Baker City motel, we opted to spend more money and not feel uneasy about our stay. We had no reservation and the clerk quickly checked us in. Room was clean, spacious, and most importantly quiet. Nice courtyard between the buildings. I left my favorite sweatshirt there which the staff later returned after I called them. Restaurant on grounds good for basic dining. I will stay here again if ever in Baker City.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2010

We stayed here with our 2 young children for one night. We were in building 2 ("mtn view") on the first floor. Our room had a sliding patio door which was nice for loading up the car when we left. This property could be a little creepy to single women traveling alone due to the layout, for that I would suggest requesting a room on the 2nd floor). Hallways are dark and overly air freshened, but once inside the room, things looked up. The room had been recently updated. Beds were comfy, but the decorative throw pillows, while stylish, were a bit of a turn off (I'm sure those aren't clean!!). The room & bathroom were very clean. Bathroom was large. Vanity area is outside of the bathroom. Vanity lighting is poor and the counter top is very low, but my kids liked being able to reach the faucet. We had a room with 2 queen beds and it was very spacious. Our room was quiet and we all slept pretty well. We didn't use the pool or hot tub but the facilities were nice and the pool was heated. The grounds around the courtyard area are pretty and well maintained. We ate in the restaurant the next morning for breakfast and found it reasonable priced and high quality with good service. All in all a good stay.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2010

We stayed overnight here at this property while traveling across country. We called ahead to book a room, and the reservation was ready. The room was clean, neat, and the bedding was comfortable. There were a couple of minor problems; the AC unit in the room kept coming on and off during the night, and I could not figure out to to adjust it during the night, It did tend to keep my daughter and me up. Also, the internet connection was not really good, had a difficult time getting connected to the wireless. The restaurant was OK, although the waitress at breakfast did not seem to be real happy about being there, and we ultimately did not see her come by our table after she delivered our meal! No drink refills, had to flag down the other waitress to bring us the check!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 14, 2010

The room was clean but a sliding door attached it to the outside. That wasn't comforting. Laundry room located way over in building 5 and there's a trick with the machine that isn't posted but one has to walk all the way up to the lobby to ask the front desk clerk then all the way back to building 5 where tried it finally worked. To top it off, the internet connection didn't work. The staff is friendly but not too helpful. A better value would be to drive an additional 50 miles to la Grande Best Western.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank LewisDebL
Reviewed May 2, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for one night prior to competing in a golf tournament the next day. The front desk staff is very friendly and accommodating. The room was very spacious and clean. If you desire a microwave and/or fridge, you have to request it, and, it does come at an extra price. We never really need one but I seem to always find myself needing to warm up my coffee/latte before finishing a full cup and it is a convenience to have it for that reason. We did have to reattach the chain to the ball in the toilet a couple of times after flushing which was also a minor inconvenience. I'd also suggest that one ask for an upstairs room as the floors seem a little "creaky" which we noticed when the people immediately above us apparently came in late (about 2:00AM) and made noise walking around for about a half hour plus apparently other activities that woke us up. Another minor problem was the fact that we had to unplug the light above one night stand in order to have an outlet to plug in the lamp above the comfortable chair where I sat for reading the paper. Other than that, it was a nice stay and we would stay here again. We especially liked the fact that this being our second Best Western stay during a promotion period resulted in us receiving a $50 gift card.

Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank durf1
Reviewed December 6, 2009

We stayed in this hotel on the recommendation of Trip Adviser and weren't disappointed. The room is inexpensive yet almost new. It is clear that practically everything has been redone and replaced with the exception of the bathroom tub and heater, It was a great place to stay. I'll only complain about the sheets which should be replaced with a good grade cotton rather than a thin synthetic. Otherwise, I'd definitiely return there. The staff was pleasant as well.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple