“Great Service”

BEST WESTERN Sunridge Inn
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Baker City
“Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

Great service - very comfortable room. Check in was fast and organized. Hot tub was wonderful. The beds are very confortable an the room very quiet. Access to the hotel room from (free) parking was very easy and close. Overall I will stay her again when in town.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Rhonda H, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Sunridge Inn, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Hello,

Thank You for staying with us and letting us know how we did. Look forward to seeing you again and hear how you felt about the Restaurant attached to the Best Western.
Have a Great Day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
Eureka
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

Good motel but they changed our room that we reserved from two king beds to two queen beds. Did not give us notice, no call or anything. The owner of motel came and he wanted them. After a 12 hr drive and this was a destination stop very disappointed and irate. But they thought discounting the room $20.00 should just take care of the worst nights sleep I have had in ages. They could have gave me the room for free and it would not have changed my disappointment. If they would have called we would have either shorten or lengthen the drive to get what we wanted.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Rhonda H, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Sunridge Inn, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Hello Debra N.

First and Foremost, Thank You for taking the time to write a Review and Stay with us. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not what you have come to expect from us. I would love to make this right for you the next time you are in the area. Please feel free to call me personally at 541-523-6444.
Have a Happy New Year and I look forward to talking with you.
grand ronde, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013

Everything was excellent. The staff greated me with a friendly smile. The hotel was very clean and nothing blocking any of the entry ways. The room was very clean and the bed was just right. Overall with the hotel staff being so nice and friendly is what made a long boring drive very pleasent to being there.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Rhonda H, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Sunridge Inn, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Richard S.

Thank You for your recent stay and review of our place. We hope that you had a great Holiday and look forward to seeing you in 2014. Let me know how you felt about the restaurant and the food there.
Thank You again and Have a Happy New Year
SECHELT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

Great staff at front desk. The hotel was easy to find from the freeway. The room was clean, comfortable, just as you would expect and it was quiet. The only disappointment was that the onsite restaurant was closed for Thanksgiving....so we had to have our first American Thanksgiving dinner at the truck stop across the street from the hotel. Fortunately the meal was good, but it was disappointing that the website did not advised their restuarant would be closed for the holiday.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Rhonda H, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN Sunridge Inn, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Hi ColleenH,

Thank You for your recent review and stay with us. I am sorry that the Restaurant was not open for you to enjoy. I will personally make sure the Web-site notes the two times a year that we are closed, Thanksgiving and Christmas. We hope that you enjoyed your time here and look forward to seeing you again.
Happy Holidays!
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

We were driving through Baker City and needed a place to crash. This was a really good deal and the accommodations were clean and comfy. It was a little different than other hotels because you check in at one building then drive around to a separate disconnected building. The door to the building was also not locked which was okay because there were two of us but I would not have been comfortable with that if I was staying there by myself as a woman.

Good Morning Ladyerica,

Thank You for your recent stay and review of our place. We like to hear that the rooms are clean but sorry that you would not feel safe if traveling by yourself. Being a Woman myself, that is very important. I will check into what can be done about the Locks going into the Buildings.
Thank You again and Have a Happy Holidays!
Hermiston, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

No spiders , no dust bunnies , no cobwebs , just a decent Best Western - Well , except for the room above us was peopled by Cowboy Line Dancers apparently! No breakfast at the restaurant due to it being Thanksgiving ... And they have their water repaired! So , not a bad night's rest on the road...

Hello Rust-E-Junque,

Thank You for checking us out even though some of the negative reviews. We strive hard to make our place clean and comfortable for our guest. Sorry to hear about the Line dancers upstairs, you never know how noisey the neighbors are going to be.
Have a Happy Holidays and Thank You again!
North Idaho
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

If you have stayed here before, you know not to expect the same quality as newer hotels.

If you have never stayed here before, I will try to be as factual as I can.

This is more like a "travel lodge" or "motor inn". It has a central courtyard, but all rooms are accessible from the parking lot and not through a secure door. It has the feel of a truck stop hotel.

This hotel is very old and not updated. The beds might be newer, as they are comfortable. The room color, furnishings and overall feel is very old. This is fine for me traveling on my own when I am too tired for the extra 2 hr drive north or south to a nicer hotel. I would not bring my family, not that I would not feel safe, but that this would not be ideal for fun family time.

If you are accustomed to the complimentary bottle of water at checkin for being a member of their rewards program, you may be surprised that they do not do this here. It is a business decision I am sure, but just one of the niceties they do not offer.

I normally do not give a bad review. I come from a home where you don't say anything if you don't say something nice. This, however, is not being mean or not nice, just factual.

I have stayed here before, but this was by far my worst experience. The checkin was fine, then I got to my room. The chair was so soiled and dirty, it looked like an old discarded one from an abandoned lot or crack house. I would strongly recommend that the management either clean these professionally, or get rid of them. To leave this in my room was like telling me to just put up with it, that's the "best" they got and they know it, and don't care how it looks! I hung my coat on the old style wooden hangers that are worn to the bare wood, and kept "grabbing" the material. I thought splinters would end up in my clothes. Again, management, either sand these down and put a little varnish to make them smooth, or replace them with clean plastic hangers. To leave them is again telling me to put up with it.

I have never had a problem with cleanliness, but this room not only had the soiled chair looking like a biological spill, but one of my towels was hanging with a large yellow stain on it. I did not use it, and checked the ones I did use, but I have never felt I had to check the towels to ensure they were clean. I did pull it down so no other traveler would have to deal with it.

The shower head is over 6 feet high. I am 5'11" and I had a problem with how high it was. Again, ok for me, but if I was traveling with my wife and children, it would have been difficult for them being shorter. Hair dryer is halfway pulled out of the wall. Wifi had issues getting logged on, but did work fine afterwards.

Breakfast coupons are for a free drink, and $2 off at the adjoining Sunridge Restaurant. Food there was good, but again, if you are accustomed to even the light continental breakfast at other Best Westerns, it is a nicety not offered here. Again, not a big deal for me, but could make a big difference when traveling with family and going from free continental to a $30 to $40 breakfast even with the $2 off coupons.

I will Likely stay here again on business. It was not horrendous when I am by myself, and I can work around the clean issues that have not been that bad in the past. Also the beds are comfy and that is most important when I travel. However,I would not take my family here, nor my Boss when traveling.

Room Tip: All rooms are virtually alike. Just don't be too "polite" or lack the guts to ask for...