“Nice and convenient hotel.”

Best Western Sunridge Inn
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Baker City
Waldport, Oregon
“Nice and convenient hotel.”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Nice hotel for a smaller town. Courtyard is very pretty and they had balconies on second floor which were great. They had coffee in the front office in the morning, but a sweet roll would have been nice. I guess for the discounted price they gave us for a wedding that was very reasonable I shouldn't expect more.The air conditioner/heater looked like one of the newer ones, but very loud. Saw lots of dogs of all sizes staying there. I have stayed in the places along the highway in Eastern Oregon and this is hotel of the better ones. No noise from the freeway.

Room Tip: Courtyard balcony would have been prettier than the "mountain view" which was in the dista...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Rhonda H, Director of Sales at Best Western Sunridge Inn, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Hi Kat A,

My name is Rhonda and I am the Director of Sales for The Best Western Sunridge Inn.
I wanted to personally Thank You for staying with us and sharing your positve comments on our place. We do get quite a few travelers that have pets, because we are a Pet friendly place.
The Court Yard gets even better in about a month. Did you know that we also have Suites with Hot Tubs in them? Thank You again and look forward to seeing you another time.
Sincerely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Cannon Beach, Oregon
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We recently had to make a trip to eastern Idaho and this was the perfect halfway point to stop for the night. This is a very nice affordable property with an adequate restaurant & bar. Other restaurants are close by along with several gas stations just next to I-84.
We like it so much, we stayed there on our return trip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hi CB Diner,

My name is Rhonda and am the Director of Sales of the Best Western Sunridge Inn.
I wanted to personally Thank You for staying with us and giving Positive feedback.
Maybe the next time you stop, you might want to check out our Suites that have Hot Tubs in them. Thank You again. Look forward to future visits.
Coquille, Oregon
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Chose this location to explore Hells Canyon on the way to Utah. Unfortunately I was a bit early for the complete loop because the snow hadn't been cleared on 39 in mid-May. It was still a lovely scenic area for the trip I did take. The Visitor Center right next to this motel was extremely helpful.

The motel itself was very good. I had no complaints for the building with the dog. I suspect that the walls might be a bit thin, but I was there when it wasn't too busy so that wasn't an issue. Everything was clean.

The restaurant was adequate, with typical American restaurant fare. Breakfast was great there. The service was excellent.

If I had to find one thing to pick on it might have been the rather cool welcome at check-in. I didn't get a name, but it wasn't a huge issue. Otherwise the staff was friendly especially when I called to make the reservation.

Thanks for a great stay along the way.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Hi Gus N.

My name is Rhonda and I am the Director of Sales, as well as the Restaurant Manager of The Best Western Sunridge Inn. I just wanted to personally Thank You for you positive comments on our Property and for chosing to stay with us. You should come back in July, usually the mountain passes are clear & beautiful. We have alot that goes on in July from the Rodeo, Hells Canyon Biker Rally, Minors Jubilee and Old Car shows.
Thank You again for staying with us and would love to see you again.
Anacortes, Washington, United States
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I have stayed at this property many times when we travel from WA to UT and back. The rooms have been adequate, but not outstanding. Lately I the rates have been higher than in the past, partially due to a change in pet charge policy to $10 per pet (it was previously a flat $10 rate for pets) but I also get the feeling that they are trying to raise their rates higher for a property that is essentially unchanged. On my last stay, we had to push hard to get the same rate that we paid a week prior. Also, the WiFi is marginal -- very slow. I will stay here a few more times but will be looking for improvement on these issues and if necessary we will start considering staying in other cities along the highway.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Rhonda H, Director of Sales at Best Western Sunridge Inn, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Hi Warren K,

My name is Rhonda & I am the Director of Sales for the Best Western Sunridge Inn. First and foremost, I would like to personally Thank You for your continual support and for your review. There is a couple of things that I am sure you will love to hear. We are in the process of remodeling several of our buildings. We are an older place but we are striving to make it better.
I checked our Policy on the Pet fee, it is $10.00 per day and not per pet and we charge this due to the extra cleaning required. I hope that you will give us a chance and would love to see you again. Our courtyard is beautiful in the summer. Thank You again.
Rochester,WA
Reviewed May 1, 2013

These people were gracious enough to give us a a room with our little pet (MIss Molly) who has never given us or any hotel we have stayed at any problem at all. To night though the people who were in Room 274 had a "Barker" left there dog in there room we sat here for at least an hour while they did what ever..............people if you have a barker when you go to eat or what ever put your dog in your car so as not to bother the other guests or there pets! This is a very nice hotel I would hate to see them not allow pets because of people like you who don't seem to care if your dog bothers others. Well enough about that...........I would like to say this is an exceptional Hotel with a very nice Restaurant and lounge.....come stay and enjoy as we did!!!!

Room Tip: They don't have room service I hit it by mistake. They have truck parking and very good rates, y...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hi Rusty,

My name is Rhonda & the Director of Sales for the Best Western Sunridge Inn and would like to personally Thank You for your recent review and Stay with us. I am so sorry to hear about your neighbors with a barking pet, we love our pets at the Sunridge and it bothers us when they get left for to long. We look forward to seeing you again & for your future visit, we have a beautiful Courtyard in the summer and outside Patio for dinning.
Thank You again!
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I was with a group of friends on the way to Boise to watch the Davis Cup match between Serbia and US. Being from Victoria, Baker City was a convenient stop past the mid-point of our trip. We arrived after midnight and set out early next morning so did not really have too much time but our stay was pleasent. The Front Desk promptly responded to our request for a cot. BW beds and pillows are always great, I have stayed in many BW properties and was never disappointed with sleep quality. The restaurant looked pleasent but we did not have time for breakfast. Overall, great location, great value, I would stay there again

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank SinishaI
Rhonda H, Director of Sales at Best Western Sunridge Inn, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Hi Sinishal,

My name is Rhonda and I am the Director of Sales for this Best Western.
I would like to thank you for stopping at our place. For future visits, I would like to invite you to try our restaurant that has a great atmosphere. Try any of our omelette's that are real good & for dinner we have a great Prime Rib.
Thank You again for chosing us to stay with.