“Stay Away from BEST WESTERN Sunridge Inn!”

Best Western Sunridge Inn
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Baker City
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This Hotel looks to be having issues. This Hotel had no TV services at the time I stayed here. It looks to be rundown and I was switched to three different rooms with various differences of TV's, furniture, differrent repaired ammenities. It was mix and match time within the rooms and its not by design its by whomever or whatever is available for repair at the cheapest prices. Rooms are unclean, very unclean, smell moldy. Your not allowed to have the AC or Heat on above or below what they determine your comfort level should be this means that you dont have enough heat in the winter and no AC in the summer. The Owner and Managment does not and will not return your phone calls and or emails so dont expect it. They hired a new night desk clerk whom was very nice and kind and did her very best to resolve issues however the Hotel Ownership and managment doesnt care about them either. If you stay here its very dirty, no services, management, ownership doesnt care. so good luck, I would stay in my car before staying here.

Room Tip: No Spa, No TV Services, No Services, No Management,Stay Away
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Rhonda H, Director of Sales at Best Western Sunridge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Hi Johnb1111,

My name is Rhonda & I am the Director of Sales for the Best Western Sunridge Inn.
I am distressed to hear that your stay with us was so unpleasant. I would like to extend an personal apology. We are an older property but are very conscious of keeping it clean. Building 1 & 2 are the newest remodeled rooms and they have the flat screen tv's. Please afford us the oppurtunity to make this right. Thank you for your review and if there is anything I can do, please feel free to call me.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,007)

Reviewed January 26, 2013

This place could not have been better. It was right off the highway, but very quiet. It was SUPER clean. The wifi was fast and free. The pool was probably fantastic, too, but we were too busy eating pizza to go swimming. And in the morning, they were out of coffee in the main lobby, but they gave me a free big coffee to go in the restaurant!

We were driving across the country, and stopped in Baker City for the pizza. This was our cheapest hotel night, but it was by FAR the easiest (in terms of convenience, both of highway access and wifi) and quite possibly the cleanest. Nice people. Easy in and out. We parked by the room. Nobody minded when I requested a view of the mountains rather than of the highway. It was great!

(Also: there is a little coffee shop drive-through within walking distance—the Coffee Corral—which was a nice treat.)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi Ryamyan,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and your positive comments. I understand you loved the pizza here in Baker, it had to be Paizzano's. I would like to invite you to check out our restaurant that has a great breakfast and yummy Prime Rib.
Thank You again for chosing us.
Have a Great Day!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Staff was kind, housekeeping was very detailed and front staff helpful! I moved from the Grand Geiser to this hotel, best choice in Baker City! I found the staff and hotel experience to be a very good one. Quiet and clean. On site dinning was good as well.

Room Tip: Pool Side was the best.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Hi Heather B.

Thank you for your recent stay with us and the positive comments. We look forward to seeing you again. When you travel again, Summer is a great time to visit Baker City. Enjoy our beautiful courtyard and outdoor patio where you can dine.
Look forward to seeing you again. Thank You and Have a Wonderful weekend!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Our room was clean, quiet, and well furnished. The beds were comfy and clean. The lay-out is a little weird...it's kinda like an apartment complex...but it worked great. Our room was in the main building on the second floor.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Hi Todd G.

Hi my name is Rhonda & I am the Director of Sales for the Best Western Sunridge Inn.
Thank You for your recent stay and review of us. We look forward to seeing you again. The summer is a great time to visit Baker City. We have our out-door Patio that you can dine in, as well as a heated out-door pool.
Thank You and have a Great Weekend!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We got stuck in Baker City due to an accident that shut down the highway. Having stayed in multiple Best Westerns we felt the Sunridge Inn would be a safe bet. Nope! It was very shabby and worn. The building in which our room was - was not locked and anyone could access our room even without a key. They had the system to require key card access it was just off. In addition our bathroom was covered in pubic hair. It was disgusting. The bathroom had definitely not been clean. I did complain and they decreased our bill by 25$. But I won't stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 1, 2012

This best-western sure could use an update. Our room 228 had a very firm bed with low spots on the sides and a high bump in the middle. The old CRT- TV, huge ugly -thing had a terrible picture not what you would expect. The doors to the room are very short so you can hear everything going on in the hallways, the doors to out-side do not lock! anyone could wonder in freely. A little security would go a long way! The room was very clean.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back away from the semi-truck parking lot.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I just stayed at the Westin downtown Seattle for $150 a night and had dirty sheets, hair all over the floor, money stolen from off our bedside table, the blow dryer and alarm clock were broken AND they overcharged my card for things I never paid for! And it's supposed to be a 4 star hotel! For $80 I couldn't believe how much nicer This hotel was. It is clean, it even smells clean! I can tell attention has been paid to All the little details. The staff is very friendly and I'm just so surprised by how nice this place is. Well, well, well getting my money's worth here! I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2012