“Good for one night”

Best Western Sunridge Inn
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Baker City
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed at this location for one night while on vacation. We made a late reservation from the road. The room was clean, but we did have a bit of a problem locating the room. Maybe we were just tired after being on the road all day. The hotel does not offer a complimentary breakfast, but there is a restaurant right next door. The hotel gives you a $2.00 coupon per person towards your meal and the breakfast was good. If I was travelling alone, I'm not sure that I would have stayed at this hotel by myself unless I checked in during daylight hours because our room was a bit isolated (in the back of the hotel). Maybe that's because we checked in so late. I also would have spent a little more money and got a room facing the pool if one was available.
I can't really say that I loved this hotel, but it was fine for one night.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Good value for the standard accomodations with a senior rate offered on the Best Western website. Mattress was excellent and linens were very good. Checking in and out was a pleasant experience with good service by desk clerk, Sandi. Be sure to use the discount coupons for the restaurant which had great food for both dinner and breakfast.

Room Tip: Next time I would request an upstairs room as our upstairs neighbors were very noisy early in the mo...
Reviewed September 28, 2012

On a road trip to Glacier National Park and Yellowstone. On the way home, and there is no Hampton Inn in Baker City. Stayed here. Room has stained chairs and a real need for upgrades. The stairway smells like someone just had a cigarette. From our room the smell of smoke is present. Next time we continue to drive to a city with a Hampton Inn!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I didn't know where to stay along interstate 84 because I wasn't sure where I'd be around 6:00PM I started to panic I was near Baker City so I just said I would have to bit the bullet and pick a place. I had been on my ipad and found this Best Western so grabbed a room. We were very happy with our room, it was larger than most motel rooms, very clean and the decor was good and the price was right.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We've stayed here before as we're heading east and it's a great spot to stop. Since I'm a Gold Crown member I asked for and received an upgrade at checkin to building 5, a separate building behind all the other ones. The advantage is, since it's set back from the road, it's quieter.(the exception is when the fire alarm went off around 9:30 or so and we all had to exit the building. It's a good thing it was warm outside. On the plus side, it was a great way to meet our neighbors and their dogs.)
The room we upgraded to was a king bedded room on the second floor with a microwave and a frdge in the room. It also had a couple of chairs and a couch. The bed was also quite comfortable so, overall it was a very nice stay.
When you check in you get a couple of vouchers good for a $2 discount per person for either breakfast or dinner. Having eaten both breakfast and dinner there before, we stick with just breakfast as dinner isn't that good. Our waitress was Shannon and she was very good; friendly, efficient and pleasant.

Room Tip: It never hurts to ask for an upgrade and the rooms near the pool will be noisier. I think only build...
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I asked the person at the front desk (a different one from when we arrived) if we could have a later check out as we needed to change clothes after our lunch, a weekly event in the hotel. A curt no saying that they had a big group coming in. Didn't look at me. The breakfast server was overwhelmed. Spilled a bit coffee on the table and didn't know it she was so rushed. Bed OK as was the room.

Room Tip: Stay on the west side to avoid freeway noise.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Huskie4
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is an older hotel. Received a decent price for room rate. Was told at the time of check in that we got a $200 plus dollar room due to them being so full and that was what was left. Would have gave this a much lower rating if I would have had to pay over a $100 for this room. Typical amenities. CRT TV, stained carpet, small bathroom. But overall seemed clean. Pool was clean.

Room Tip: Always ask for better rate. Most times they will give you AAA rates if you just ask even if you are...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family