“Not bad”

Cuisines: American, Mexican
Bismarck, North Dakota
“Not bad”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The food and costs were average, but it's great for the kids. Several model trains circumnavigate the dining area and traverse different model landscapes. It is also right off the interstate.

Visited April 2012

Baker City, Oregon, United States
“A good place to stop”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

There are not many places to eat on the Summpter road , so this is
a welcome stop. Eat while you can! Food was just OK.

Visited September 2012
Sandy, Oregon
“The Choo Choo Train Restaurant.”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Old school food - hot and tasty. Typical diner food that was well done. The little train going around the restaurant was pretty cool and kept the younger diners amused and well behaved.

Visited August 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Sunridge is better”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

The guy at the hotel recommended this restaurant so I gave it a try. There wasn't much on the menu I wanted to eat or sparked an interest. I picked a ham and egg sandwich which is a choice I'm usually happy with. My first bite I thought it was gross, just a weird flavor. As I was way too hungry to leave without eating something I powered through as much as I could but mainly focused on the hash browns. I didn't finish my meal and left hungry. I wouldn't eat there again. The train chugging around the restaurant is cool and would probably entertain kids. You might find something on the menu you're interested in but I didn't like what I picked and didn't have an interest to try something else. It is located across from the Sunridge and I'd much prefer to go there.

Visited November 2012
Nampa, Idaho
“Great Food and Friendly Service”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

For a small town, Baker City has plenty of restaurant choices. Sumpter Junction Restaurant has a modest menu selection with average pricing. Kids (and train enthusiasts of all ages) really enjoy the model trains that run through the restaurant - even by your table if you pick the right booth. Coconut Shrimp dinner was filling with salad, potato choice, and fresh veggies. Staff was friendly and the food came quickly. A great place for a meal while in Baker City, OR!

• Visited October 2012