“Good Restaurant Right in the Hotel”

Sunridge Inn Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 51 Restaurants in Baker City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Good food, reasonable prices and excellent service are the norm in this restaurant. If you just want to relax and have a drink, that is available adjacent to the restaurant in the same building.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

For staying at the Sunridge Inn, I got a $2 off coupon for the Sunridge Inn Restaurant. I figured it was worth a try.

The service from the two employees I interacted with was prompt, efficient, and accurate, but not particularly friendly. I did hear them having longer and more animated conversations with regular customers, though, so perhaps I was just an unfamiliar face.

The place was definitely clean and pleasantly inviting in the morning, especially with all the big windows to let in the sunlight. I was seated at a booth. The seat was comfortable, but unusually low, so I had to kind of reach up to get to stuff on the table.

I ordered the "Country Scramble" (at least I think that's what it was) which consisted of eggs, hash browns, sausage, and country gravy. I enjoyed the flavor and wished I could have taken home the leftovers (they wouldn't last in a long car trip). The portion was very large. I also ordered a cinnamon roll because I wanted something sweet. I didn't expect it to be nearly as big as a phone book! It was good, but it was also strange because they put a big gob of butter on top of it, which I removed because I didn't think I needed extra fat to go along with an already calorie-laden pastry.

Not many options for breakfast in Baker City, and this is a good one, but don't expect to come away from it saying, "Wow, that was amazing!"

Reviewed February 27, 2013

This could be a great place if the food was cooked decently. Sometimes
it is raw meat, sometimes cooked to long. Fish and chicken is overfried.
About the only thing consistent is scrambled eggs and ham.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

My first experience at Sunridge was their corned beef hash and I rank it as my favorite hash. I don't know what made it so good but I'm in love with it. Figuring the rest of the menu should be just as good I made most of my meals that weekend visit at the Sunridge. Over 3 days I think I ate there over 6 times. I'd eat at the Sunridge if it were here in Seattle.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

coffee and toast pretty hard to mess that up----waiters were very friendly and was the best part off our stay there