“A good value for extended stay”

The Bridge Street Inn
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Baker City
Reviewed June 30, 2010

My husband and our employee have been staying at the Bridge Street Inn for a couple of weeks now while they are working in Baker County. They had to spend a few nights in the nasty, dumpy Western Motel when they first arrived because all motels were full due to some sort of motorcycle rally. I came up to visit, and as soon as the bikers cleared out, I went looking for a better place for the guys to stay and luckily came across the Bridge Street Inn. The very best part of the place is the staff. They are friendly, helpful and fed the guys all kinds of good food for breakfast and for evening snacks (which often ended up being their dinner, it was so big and hearty). The price is very low, and we were given a great deal. I think it ended up being something like $25 per night plus tax for each room (because the guys stayed for more than a week). The rooms are old, but very clean and nice. The motel is noisier than the newer concrete and steel structures, but the price is terrific. When the kids and I came up to visit my husband, the staff made us feel very welcome by moving my husband to a room with an adjoining room so that we could have separate rooms for the kids with a door between ours and theirs. They even helped him to move out some furniture when the kids and I came up to make the room fit our family's needs.They made sure my husband had a room with all the desk space he needed for his office-away-from-home, and there were outlet strips in the rooms to provide plenty of plug-ins. I am so grateful to the helpful staff for taking such good care of the guys and making them so comfortable. My only suggestion is to bring a fan or ear plugs for a good night of sleep. I marked 5 stars for "sleep quality," but I don't think I would have if I had not brought along a little fan to make background noise because the building seems to have thin walls and doors. I would highly recommend this motel to anyone who happens to be traveling on a budget and has high standards.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed June 20, 2010

I decided to stay here based on other reviews I had read earlier. Always one to seek out a good deal, the price seemed very good. Response to my email was good, and the lady at the desk when we checked in was okay. Things went downhill from there. You can only do so much with and old, outdated motel. I thought we were stepping back into the 1950's. The bed was okay and the room seemed clean, but you can only do so much with with oldness. The door to the room had a handy gap at the top so the light in the hallway provided a nice nightlight effect. The walls seemed very thin. My wife and I were very glad our neighbors were quiet, because you could hear the zipper on their suitcase being opened. I am very glad they were not amorous. I just wanted to stay in the bed and not get out. We skipped the provided breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank turbotom55
Reviewed June 1, 2010

Since our discovery 3 years ago, we have stayed at the Bridge Street Inn multiple times. The motel is conveniently located within walking distance into the "Americana" town of Baker City.
Thoy, the owner, has renovated this classic motel, provides daily breakfast and frequent evening food, dished out with love, pride and care.
Very reasonable rates, cleanliness and friendly staff make Bridge Street Inn a welcome stop.
Eric and Mary Ann Biedermann, Salt Lake City, UT

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2010

This is an older motel and not fancy at all, but perfect for a day or two. We stayed there on a weeknight. Clean and quiet , with a shower, microwave & fridge, and a comfortable bed. We enjoyed a wonderful complementary breakfast in the lobby consisting of scrambled egg burritos. And to top it off, my husband left a prescription there, and after calling them they promptly mailed it home to us! Thank you, Bridge Street Inn!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2010

Consider the rate (very low) with the whole package at Bridge Street Inn. The room was clean, very quite and comfortable. Decor was dated, inexpensive, adequate, comfortable--and I worked in the room for several hours each day. The real boon for this hotel is that while we were there the breakfast was not just toast and cold cereal, but egg, ham and cheese on biscuits, or toaster waffles. But one of the nights we were invited to supper--for free!--of Oriental chicken, Oriental rice and salad. It was delicious and we were urged to take some extra to have for lunch the next day. They had snacks out each afternoon and gave good advice on local restaurants. Really, an exceptional facility, and management.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 2, 2010

I found this Inn online and I am so glad I trusted my instincts and booked my room.
After driving 10 hours from Seattle, I was greeted by the owner outside in the parking lot with a wave and a smile. She and her family welcomed me, and let me know I was welcome to join the other guests for dinner in the lobby with no extra charge.
I loved the chicken and rice, and homemade salad dressing so much that I asked for the recipe and they were glad to share. The room was small but immaculate and they even turned the heat on before I arrived. Plenty of hot water, tv, frig, micro and secure wifi. In the morning I had a complimentary breakfast and wished well on the rest of my travels. It isn't fancy, but with that kind of welcome and service, it was just what I needed so far from home.

Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed February 12, 2010

We were recommended to this hotel by the man at the gas station, and we were thrilled with the cleanliness, the friendliness of the owners, and the great breakfast - and all at a reasonable price. The building is an older one, but very nicely kept. . The room and bathroom was as clean as any we have ever stayed in. We had a great time visiting with the owners durning breakfast. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple