“Small but Clean”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Baker City
Burley, Idaho
“Small but Clean”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Although small and dated it was very clean!! Price was outstanding at $52 and I would definately stay there again. Room included a flat screen t.v., refrigerator and a microwave. There is also a restaraunt located right across the street. The motel sits right along the Powder River, which has a nice pedestrian pathway. Historical Downtown Main St. is also in walking distance. (approx 2 blocks)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Carrie J
lgs5700, Owner at The Bridge Street Inn, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
Thank you for your kind review.

I do try to provide you with the best service possible at an affordable price, a comfortable bed and clean room. I need feedback from my valued guests, even if not so positive. If we don't know if something is wrong, we can't address the problem.

We have many regulars here and I hope you will return again some day. Maybe you will be one of our newest regulars? I hope so.

Thoy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Stayton
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This place was spotless, much cleaner than chain operations. The prices are VERY economical, and the staff was very friendly. A very good place to stay when you just need a good sleep. We had king size bed and room was very quiet.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wayflos
Thank you for the kind response. We are not a fancy, new motel, so we pay special attention to customer service, cook something special for breakfast four days per week, have comfortable beds and clean rooms. Customer service is extremely important to us and I and my staff are happy you were pleased with your stay here.

Please do come back.

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This motel is an old property (from the 1950s or 1960s) with a typical "tourist court" layout. Our room was very clean and comfortable - definitely not luxurious, but comfortable with a microwave and fridge.

Despite being quite full, it was quiet the night we stayed there.

We usually pass up the free breakfast, but we tried this one when we were told that it would be scrambled eggs, sausage, and hashbrowns The breakfast was prepared on the premises and was as good as a coffee shop breakfast.

The cost is unusually low. I would highly recommend this motel to anyone on a budget.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carol H
lgs5700, Owner at The Bridge Street Inn, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for your nice comments. It is extremely important to management that your stay is as comfortable as possible. Customer service is our prime goal and we appreciate when we get feedback from our valued guests, even if they are not so positive.

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

Owner
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Small little motel just outside of town. Right along the river nice little river walk to walk dogs on park a few blocks down river walk

Hotel is clean
Flat screen tv
Microwave
Refrigerator
place in back to walk dogs
Breakfast in morning varies cold cereal, toast, egg muffins,banana bread

Dog friendly

Beds and flat pillows not very comfortable wouldn't stay again

• Stayed February 2013
I am truly sorry that you were not comfortable during your stay at Bridge Street Inn. We strive to provide your with a clean room and comfortable beds. We leave comment sheets in all rooms because we do want to know what your experience with us was like. If we don't know about a problem, we can't fix it.

You stated your bed was not comfortable and the pillows were flat. It would help us to meet your needs, if you would provide us with information regarding the type of bed you need or would like an extra pillow or plumper pillow upon checkin. In regard to the bed type, I am referring to a softer or firmer bed, as we do have both. If you had mentioned your dissatisfaction with your bed and pillows at that time, we would have happily moved you to another room.

Thank you for apprising us of your dissatisfacting during your stay. Knowing gives us the opportunity to correct any problems we may have.

Thoy,
Owner
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 8, 2012

LOVED this place! Outside is cute, staff is friendly. They serve a special breakfast every other day and dinner once a week. The room was clean and had enough space for us to move around without tripping over our luggage. Bed and pillows were VERY comfy, probably the most comfortable of our whole five day trip. The price was AWESOME! Almost half of what we had budgeted. I enjoyed a very relaxing hot bath after a day of driving a moving truck with a busted knee and no cruise control. The hot water seemed to be unlimited and was very, very hot. My bath ended up being hotter than some hot tubs at other hotels. Afterwards I was able to surf the internet before going to bed. It was perfect.

The only complaint my boyfriend had was that the baseboard heaters made a clicking noise all night long. I had to put the analog alarm clock in the drawer to muffle the tick-tock, but that was no biggie.

I would definitely stay here again if we are ever in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
First of all, let me apologize for not responding to you earlier. We were having problems with our computer system and unable to respond to you in a timely manner. That's been resolved and we now have a new website that's working wonderfully.

Thank you for taking your time to give us valuable feedback following your stay. Customer service is our prime concern, along with quiet, room cleanliness and your comfort. The meals we provide are extra, but we enjoy providing this to our valued customers and our way of saying thank you.

Please do return to our establishment. I and my entire staff enjoy all the wonderful people we meet and greet on a daily basis.

Owner,
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed one night on a trip to Portland and we booked based on Trip Advisor and it met our expections. Office staff was friendly, breakfast was great and we happened to be there on the night supper/dinner was served. The owner loves to cook and we had a great homemade dinner on the house! Rooms are small with minimal accessories but the room was clean, had Wi-Fi what more can you want for an overnight stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Please allow me the opportunity to apologize for not responding to you sooner. We were having difficulties with our system but that has now been resolved.

I and my staff appreciate you taking the time to give us valuable feedback, even if it's not so positive. We are happy you chose to stay with us. Please do come back again.

Owner,
Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Baker City is conveniently located on my trips and I have stayed at a number of other accommodations here over the past 5 years. My purpose in stopping is solely to get needed rest before moving on; not to stay and admire the room, the pool, the fancy lobby, the in-room coffee maker that never gives a decent cup, etc. It has always irritated me to have pay excessively for these extra luxuries that others indeed do enjoy, but which I do not need. At the Baker City Inn I got exactly what I needed -- friendly, competent service; extraordinary clean room; comfortable bed; tv and internet;fridge/ micro; hot water; close parking; quiet; near downtown corridor for those who want to shop a bit. At this writing I have not yet tried the complementary breakfast but nonetheless would highly recommend this establishment. Oh, yeah -- nearly forgot, my cost was about $50 compared to others in this area at $70 to $130. What a happy bargain!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank FrankB360
Please allow me the opportunity to apologize for my delay in responding to your critique of my motel and staff. We were having computer problems and I wasn't able to respond. Obviously, that has now been rectified.

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. It is an old motel, but we strive to provide you with excellent customer service, a clean room and comfortable bed. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and cordially invite you to return anytime.