“Adequate” 4 of 5 bubbles

Oregon Trail Motel Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 51 Restaurants in Baker City
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Adequate”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Nice small motel with good animities. Close to a real good, reasonably priced greasy spoon type restaurant. Walking distance from downtown. Only complaint was hot water didn't work in our area of the motel but staff gave us access to a room that did.
We were there during the Hells Canyon Motor Cycle Rally.
Would recommend it for the rally.

Bremerton, Washington
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

I have now visited this restaurant for the 3rd time and it won't be my last. My son and I just happened to be going past and we decided to stop to get a meal. It had been a long day of driving for both of us. We entered and felt like we were "home". The staff was fantastic and the food was even better. The second and third time I was with a friend returning from a trip. He is very picky about his food. I told him what my son had ordered and that it was excellent again. So on this last trip we put this on our "bucket" list of places to stop to eat. Again we were not disappointed. I have food allergies so must be careful of where I eat out and know this is one of the places I will not have any reaction.

• Visited October 2013
Portland, Oregon
“good food HORRIBLE coffee”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

The breakfast was delicious. great bacon, crispy hash browns and eggs cooked to perfection. It was early in the morning and we were both dying for a cup of coffee. We each took a swig and almost spit it out.It was weak and nasty. It tasted like warm, bitter, coffee flavored water. It was beyond weak and almost tasted as if theyd run it through used coffee grinds. If they changed their coffee, they would be a great restaurant but the coffee was so bad we will never go back. The food was great but the second morning , we definitely looked for somewhere else to eat breakfast

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Talent, Oregon
“One of the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

We only get to Baker City a few times a year but look forward to our meals here. Breakfasts are all great!! Chicken Fried Steak especially good. Pancakes are great. Coffee is great, service is excellent, friendly and they don't miss a beat. Hamburgers are also great for lunch. Everything I have had here is good. Old fashioned cooking goodness. Often tmes other restaurants in town are disappointing, not here, we know we can get a good meal every time!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Baker City, Oregon, United States
“Strawberry waffle is famous”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

It's just a very old style diner. It could use some updates so it appears
cleaner. Many locals go there because it is economical.

Visited September 2012