“VERY informative--nice presentation--recommended to us”

National Historic Oregon Trail Interpretive Center
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Baker City
More attraction details
Owner description: The National Historic Oregon Trail Interpretive Center offers living history demonstrations, interpretive programs, exhibits, multi-media presentations, special events, and more than four miles of interpretive trails. We offer a variety of interpretive programs and special exhibits year-round. One mile of well-preserved ruts lie on the Interpretive Center grounds, and are accessible by the trails or from a turnout on Highway 86 about a half-mile west of the Center's entrance.
Reviewed August 29, 2013

visited for the first time, was recommended to us, very educational, and interesting, brought back grade school stories and education. WELL DONE!

There are newer reviews for National Historic Oregon Trail Interpretive Center

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Outstanding presentation. Living history presentation was excellent. I am happy my tax dollars support this important part of our country's history.

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Realistic depictions of life through the large as life exhibits. Wish they had a kids craft room where they could make paper wagon trains, tee pees out of recycled materials, experience games from that period

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have seen the sign and driven past on the Hwy so many time without ever stopping. My wife and kids convinced me to stop and give it a chance and I am very glad I did.

First, it is run very well. They give you a great glimpse via displays, movies, period dressed people, etc to look into those who made the trek across a brand new nation. I learned far more than I though in the 1.5 hrs we were there and we still could have done more.

You should stop and see it, you will not be disappointed

Reviewed August 11, 2013

This place was really neat. The coolest thing was you can actually see the real Oregon trail. the price was slightly higher than i expected not sure if i would pay that again.