“Great renderings of life on the Oregon trail”

National Historic Oregon Trail Interpretive Center
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Baker City
More attraction details
Owner description: The National Historic Oregon Trail Interpretive Center offers living history demonstrations, interpretive programs, exhibits, multi-media presentations, special events, and more than four miles of interpretive trails. We offer a variety of interpretive programs and special exhibits year-round. One mile of well-preserved ruts lie on the Interpretive Center grounds, and are accessible by the trails or from a turnout on Highway 86 about a half-mile west of the Center's entrance.
Portland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great renderings of life on the Oregon trail”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Realistic depictions of life through the large as life exhibits. Wish they had a kids craft room where they could make paper wagon trains, tee pees out of recycled materials, experience games from that period

Visited August 2013

Salt Lake City, Utah
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“I am really glad I stopped to see this”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have seen the sign and driven past on the Hwy so many time without ever stopping. My wife and kids convinced me to stop and give it a chance and I am very glad I did.

First, it is run very well. They give you a great glimpse via displays, movies, period dressed people, etc to look into those who made the trek across a brand new nation. I learned far more than I though in the 1.5 hrs we were there and we still could have done more.

You should stop and see it, you will not be disappointed

Newberg, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“very interesting”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This place was really neat. The coolest thing was you can actually see the real Oregon trail. the price was slightly higher than i expected not sure if i would pay that again.

Boise, Idaho
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I have been here several times and find it fascinating each time. The diaromas depict the realities of a cross country trek in the most harsh conditions.

Riverside, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Loved it!!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

You'll have to have a bit of interest in the Oregon Trail to LOVE the museum like we did, but if you're interested in the Oregon Trail, you must visit this place. We stayed for 4 hours - did the hikes, panned for gold, went through the museum, visited the mine, saw the actual ruts made by the emigrants' wagons! So much to see and do! A bit of advice: as soon as you get there, find/ask for a list of activities for the day. We missed a pioneer man telling stories because we didn't know about it. We almost missed panning for gold but saw it happening out the window.