“Great Great Experience”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Baker City
Richland, OR
“Great Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

I can not brag enough how great the folks are at the Geiser Grand Hotel. I have stayed in many many motels and hotels and none have matched, the service, accommodations, atmosphere and food like these folks do. The Geiser staff have gone far and beyond what I had expected and experienced in many years. My wife and I plan on staying with these folks many more times or just go for some of the greatest prepared food I have had!!!! We can't wait to get back. Jim

Room Tip: They are all good and they also provide a virtual website of the accommodations
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
South Bend, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

I understand the history behind the hotel, it just seems more like a bed and breakfast. The odor from "Pasta night" was very, very unpleasant. I was reserved to stay for 2 weeks for work, I moved after the third day(Best Western SunRidge). The hotel was ok, I was not impressed with the haunting stories(I am from the Midwest, I had never heard the history, my employer thought I would find the hotel interesting I did for a day) Would not recommend for business stay. Recreation/vacation possibly if the para normal is what interest you. I never had any encounters as the huge gap in the door could be a reason people claim they hear things, not much privacy.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
St. George, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

We had a 'grand ole time' in Baker City at the Geiser Grand Hotel. Alot of money has been spent in renovating this charming historical landmark. The rooms are elegantly furnished and we looked out over Baker City downtown buildings with snowcovered mountains as a backdrop. Happy Hour was not complimentary but was offered at a reduced price. Our dinner of wild mushrooms over polenta was good, as was our breakfast in the dining room the next morning. Free videos & DVDs are offered for you to take to your room in the lobby.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Kalama, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

I have stayed here many times. I have always had excellent treatment from the staff and the food is exquisite. The chef, Gary, personally has taken the time to explain his creations. I recommend the Geiser highly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

The proprietors of the Geiser Grand have done a fabulous job of renovating the 1880's hotel, without losing its flare from the days gone by. Spacious rooms with 14' ceilings and 10' windows. Stained glass ceiling in 2nd floor is awesome. 1880 corner Cafe is a quaint spot to get a "shot of whiskey" for the weary traveler. King size bed was one of the most comfortable we've slept in with s down comforter! Ordered room service, as we arrived late(8:30), and was delivered timely. Had to pay $15 pet fee(cheap) so our dog could enjoy in the splendor!!

• Stayed December 2012
Lakeview, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times for business trips, and I truly feel that this hotel and the staff turn business into pleasure! I have checked in at all hours of the night and day, and no matter when I arrive, the staff is as friendly, helpful and courteous as always. I've never had the same desk attendant and I can honestly say that I have not had one unpleasant front desk experience. Not only do I know I can count on comfort and luxury to be provided each and every time, but I enjoy the character the building and rooms have. I will ALWAYS stay at this beautiful hotel when I travel to Baker City, and I suggest you do the same!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Idaho
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

This historic hotel is quite nice, certainly a better (if more expensive) choice than the various motels in town. Our room was spacious and clean and the hotel has been restored in a way that provides at least a sense of what it must have been like in the "old days."

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple