“Fantastic BBQ”

Bad Brad's Bar-B-Que of Yukon
Ranked #9 of 110 Restaurants in Yukon
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Yukon, Oklahoma
“Fantastic BBQ”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Bad Brad's Restaurant has been a family favorite for close to 10 years. My kids and extended family always love coming to this restaurant. It's nothing fancy, nice small town atmosphere but the food is wonderful. I know people all over Oklahoma City that talk about "Bad Brad's BBQ" and especially are jealous when I tell them I had just recently eaten there. By all means, do not forget to eat the Choclate Cake Dessert. It is #1 in my book and my kids will not leave this restaurant without having this dessert. I strongly feel this should be the #1 restaurant in Yukon, OK as it is voted as such each year by the locals.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Rkymtn84

“Fantastic!”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I'm not generally a fan of BBQ, so when my family wants it, this is where we go. They have more than generous portions at a reasonable price. The food is served hot and fresh. They have great wraps and my family loves the BBQ. They have a great selection of sides (fabulous fried okra). The only thing that I've not particularly cared for is the salads. They generally look like someone was pissed off that you ordered a salad and not BBQ and it's lettuce thrown on a tin pan with a few morsals and meager meat (all for the same price you'd pay for a regular meal). The restaurant is decorated in an outdoorsy "lodge" motif (don't go here if you don't like stuffed animal heads on walls) and is clean.

• Visited April 2012
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“I miss it when I'm out of state”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

A clean restaurant and friendly staff will greet you when you come in, as will the smell of fantastic barbecue. Everything you hope to be on a BBQ menu is here, including fried okra (take note, North Carolina). They have several sauces on the table, including one that will destroy your tongue with heat. Everyone is picky about their BBQ, so just try it out for yourself.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank EyerishRogue
“My go-to place for BBQ”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I've been going to Brad's for a long time now. About a year or so ago the quality became spotty. Chicken would arrive dry, brisket bland, etc. I'm glad to say that someone kicked it in the rear and I haven't had a bad or even mediocre dish since. The ribs, chicken and brisket are excellent, as are the cowboy beans and fried okra. They also have flavored iced teas, something I acquired a taste for while working in Kansas City. You are offered a choice of hot BBQ sauce or you can use the regular mild sauce already on the table. My tip is to mix them 50/50 for a great sauce. Service is always friendly without being overbearing and the wait for youir meal is rarely very long. Great homey atmosphere as well.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Mike_in_OKC
“Low quality control.”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Have been to other Bad Brad's restaurants before, but the quality is lacking at this one. Everything tasted like it was under a heat lamp for hours.

BadBrads, General Manager at Bad Brad's Bar-B-Que of Yukon, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Sir, we don't have a heat lamp in the store at all and never will. Everything is cut after your order is placed. Nothing is pre-packaged. All our meat comes straight off the pit and directly to your plate after it's cut.

Been to Bad Brad's Bar-B-Que of Yukon? Share your experiences!