“Very GOOD and something diffrent.”

Green Chile Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 113 Restaurants in Yukon
Cuisines: Mexican
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Very GOOD and something diffrent.”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I had a bowl of the green chile stew, and the carne adovada, while the wife had the super nanchos with steak and my cousin had the frito chile pie. Everything was very good. I can not wait to go back and try more items off of this unique menu. If you want something diffrent than your usual average same old menu tex-mex, then this is the place for you. We got thier on a Saturday morning about 11:30 am and go to sit down to eat. However by the time we left, thier were plenty of people waiting for a table. I would suggest going early.. They also have a full bar you can sit at while your waiting. GREAT new restraunt for Yukon.

• Visited March 2013

Clinton, Oklahoma
“Good food, but don't expect it to be like what you get in New Mexico.”
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

The complimentary salsa was a bit odd; I think the odd flavor was basil. The guacamole was excellent! The rice was undercooked. The refried beans were kind of blah.
Now to business... The green chile! I ordered a smothered burrito. A pork burrito that was supposedly "smothered inside and out" with green chile. This burrito was NOWHERE near smothered! New Mexico smothers everything that comes with green chiles whether the menu says so or not. I requested the hot green chile. The green chile that came with the burrito was not remotely hot (not by New Mexico standards anyways).
Because this restaurant purports to be a New Mexican style restaurant, I was disappointed. Even though the restaurant didn't live up to my expectations, it is worth revisiting with different expectations.

1 Thank Yadee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Definitely disorganized, seems to be poorly managed”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We went there for our first visit today, Sunday afternoon just after 2:00. We had been looking forward to trying it. The place was crowded, we waited about 20 minutes to be seated, right next to the kitchen, where we could see everything going on. The hostess seating us apologized that she couldn't give us silverware, it hadn't been rolled into the napkin yet. Got our chips & salsa which were good. Ordered our drinks, got them and proceeded to order our meal. They were out of their specialty, the rotisserie chicken. We changed the order to something else, asked one of the hostesses walking by if we could get silverware, she said it hadn't been rolled yet. Waited another 20 minutes for the food. My husband watched our food (nothing more than a taco salad and soup) and other people's food as it sat on the counter. Finally someone else (not our waiter) delivered it. It was not hot. Waiter came back to the table & we asked for silverware for the 3rd time. It still had not been rolled. He grabbed forks & knives and brought them to us, but 1 fork was dirty. Oh well...food was ok, but nothing special. They had an extensive list of 7 or 8 pies, but were out of everything but 2 pies. They've been in business over a month now, how could they not have an idea of the amount of food they would need to serve, especially the chicken, which is their specialty? Disappointed, and probably will not go back.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Zsiris
Oklahoma
“Decent food but wasn't impressed”
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

The restaraunt is clean and has a nice atmosphere. I ordered the stuffed burrito. as far as taste goes it was good. There was not a lot of flavor to it. That is where I was disappointed. We did order queso since they do not offer complimentary queso. It was very good! The day a group of us ladies went to eat our service was very poor. We had to ask to have our drinks refilled and still waited to get them. Most of us agreed we didn't feel the prices matched the portions of food they served.
Just an average place

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Needs improvements or it won't last long”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I have lived in New Mexico and still go there to visit family. I know NM green chiles. I go there each fall and buy 50 pound bags of roasted chiles which I bring home and freeze in gallon baggies to use until the next fall. I use them in several recipes and make lots of salsa. I know what they should taste like and how they should be prepared. What I was served here was extremely disappointing.

Since they just had their formal grand opening last weekend and there has been a lot of publicity, I knew they would be crowded. They were. We arrived just after 5 PM (Wednesday) and wait time was over half an hour with lots of people standing in the limited waiting space. It contunued to get worse.

We were greeted well and found the staff very friendly. After waiting about 20 minutes we were offered chips and regular salsa while we waited (standing). We were eventually seated and found the staff to be friendly and competent. We had a lengthy wait for our food and it was only warm, not hot, when we got it.

The broasted chicken was ordered with the green chile rub. The chicken was well cooked but I did not taste green chile while eating it. The green chile mashed potatoes were also a disappointment. Although there was a miniscule amount of green visible there was no green chile taste in the potatoes. My wife had the large sampler plate. She had an enchilada that had some green chili sauce on top. There was a burned taste instead of a roasted taste. In the sauce there were several large pieces of the hard skin of the chile which should have been peeled off after roasting. It was hard and inedible and had to be spit out when eating the echilada. The tamale was also very poor quality and taste. The pisole had a very heavy chile powder taste which is not commonly found in pisole in New Mexico.

The green chile apple pie had been highly publicized and we had planned to try it. After all of the disappointment with the meal, we decided not to waste our money on it. Our meal (no drinks) was $33 plus a good tip for the service.

We will give them at least 3 months to get their act together and we will give them another try. If not, we will never go back and I suspect many other customers will have the same reaction.

• Visited January 2013