“Hit and miss on food, always poor service”
Review of Logans Roadhouse

Logans Roadhouse
Ranked #34 of 110 Restaurants in Yukon
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children
oklahoma
“Hit and miss on food, always poor service”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We occasionally break down and eat here because it's close to home and better than fast food. I'd say we've eaten here probably 15 times since they've opened, but soon, we'll probably give up and say "never again".

At first, we assumed the extremely slow service was because they were still training staff, but evidently the only thing they can train them to do is hang around the door, laughing and talking. Today, we waited probably 1/2 hr for our main course, and although my husband's filet was done properly, mine was well done instead of medium rare (yes, it had the medium rare sticks in it), and it neither looked or tasted like a filet. They always insist you should cut your steak open and check it in front of them, but

A. That's not my job, a cook should know how to cook steak and determine doneness (I actually worked in a steakhouse when I was young) and
B. I've already waited a half hour, how much more time do I have to wait for them to cook another?

The waitress evidently never glanced at my plate or it would have been obvious that my steak was well-done, compared to my husband's almost bloody piece, but she was in such a hurry that she barely paused on any trip past our table, and one time she simply slammed the bottle of sauce down onto the table as she hurried by. If the waitresses and cooks are so overwhelmed, perhaps a few less people "greeting" and a few more "working" would help! Seriously, 3:00 on a Saturday and we had THAT LONG OF A WAIT?

Also, just know, because this happens EVERY SINGLE TIME...if there are only two of you, no matter what time of day and how slow they are, or that there could be more empty tables than occupied ones, they will ALWAYS try to cram you into one of those miniature booths with a table not much larger than a tv tray! They must be SURE a busload is waiting outside, ready to slam them with business!!! This last time, at 3:00 p.m.on a Saturday, we walked past eight or ten empty standard booths and tables in that one area of the restaurant, headed for, yep, a tiny postage-stamp sized table! God forbid if we had not finished our salads before the main course, as something would have had to have been piled on our lap or the floor to fit more than two plates and the peanut buckets on that table! Perhaps it's their way of encouraging good manners, because there's no way your elbows would fit on the table too!

Seriously, the food is ok if cooked correctly, but that's just always been a crapshoot. If you need to eat here, take the following advice: Ask up front for a full sized booth. Make sure you specifically state you want your salad before your meal or you may get everything at ounce (happened more than once), or, you may not get a salad at all (also has happened to us!). Figure out right away if you need any sauces, because once your meal arrives, the likelihood of wait staff stopping by diminishes greatly. Plan for an extra long wait for your steak, and if for some miracle, it comes out fairly quickly, then go ahead and cut into it and see what you get, because you've got time. If it's the normal long wait, just do as we do, tell them it'll be fine and just choke your way through it. Remind yourself that the salad and rolls are great...oh, and get the brocolli. It's actually the thing they cook best!

• Visited May 2014
LogansRoadhouse, Guest Relations Manager at Logans Roadhouse, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Hey Christy, your feedback is important to us. We're going to pass this along and see what we can do to improve at this location.

Ponca City, Oklahoma
“A nice steakhouse.”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Not as busy as the other steakhouse chains but the food is just as good. They start off with peanuts then bring out hot diner rolls with honey butter. Lunch time has many deals where 2 can eat for around 15 bucks. If you have not tried this chain you would be happy with it.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Russell S
geary, ok
“Our second time here was better than the first.”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

The reviews I read before writing this one were a bit concerning - wondered if we were eating in the same location. We went to lunch with friends on the spur of the moment and found a lunch special of steak and lobster for $15.00. Two tails and a six ounce steak on rice served with two sides. The salad was good, the dinner rolls were great, the steak was ordered medium and arrived medium. It was tender and had a good flavor. I'm not a lobster specialists but the two small tails were good. Our friends thought theirs were a bit under cooked. Our food arrived within 20 minutes and the service was very good. I rated service a 4 because I ordered a side of grilled onions and received a baked potato. The waitress replaced the order with the correct selection but failed to catch the error. Otherwise she did well. The music, which was too loud during our first meal here was lower this time and did not interfere with conversation. The beer we wanted could not be served until 2 pm (on Sunday) but low strength beer was available. What nonsense. We were told that it is a city ordinance. Yukon should serve alcohol of any strength at any time or simply take alcohol off the menu completely. This restaurant is on an I-40 exit so this is poor PR for out of town or out of state diners. We like the roasted peanuts available during the meal and they gave us two bags to take home. The bar issue was the only poor part of this experience so we would recommend this restaurant to everyone.

• Visited March 2014
Rushville, Illinois
“Not a Good Steakhouse”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Was close to our hotel and after a long day on the road it was close. Big mistake. Very clean, great attentive staff and quiet atmosphere for a chain steakhouse. That was the end of the good. I had a filet med rare. Dry, no flavor, how can you make a med rare steak so dry? My wife had a chicken breast and it was no better. She loves baked sweet potato and did not even finish this one. I don't expect great from most chains, but this didn't even make chain quality.

• Visited December 2013
LogansRoadhouse, Guest Relations Manager at Logans Roadhouse, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Sorry you weren't happy with our food papawildcat! Your feedback is important to us. We're going to pass this along and see what we can do to improve at this location.
“Wasn't Happy”
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Our waitress was great but quality of the food and service was not great at all. We waited over an hour to get our main dishes and it wasn't even good. Our apps was queso and chips AND THAT WASNT EVEN GOOD. The queso looked microwaved right along with the chips. We couldn't get alcohol because this county was the only county unable to serve alcohol until after 2pm. I ordered a 6 oz medium well done steak with some shrimp, grilled mushroom skewer and fries. My steak was so tough, dry and no seasoning. The shrimp looked shriveled up and didn't taste good. My husband ordered a T-Bone steak medium and it was dry and no flavor as well, right along with my mothers salmon. We spoke with the manger on duty and she said that her cooks were backed up and they were trying their hardest to get everyone's food out in a timely manner. So this is how your chefs cook under pressure? Not impressed at all. The only thing good was the Mango Lemonade drink and being able to sit by the TV so my husband could watch the game. The manager ended up waiving our whole order but our drinks. So we paid $10. It was the least they could do.

Hey brown_eyez521, your feedback is important to us. We're going to pass this along and see what we can do to improve at this location.