“Bad, Bad, Management”

Primo's Restaurant Bar & Catering
Ranked #4 of 110 Restaurants in Yukon
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Andrew
Description: Primo's Restaurant - Bar - Catering Seafood - Prime Rib - Steaks - Italian - Cocktails - Wine - Beer - Private dining - Catering - Reservations - Sunday Brunch
Yukon, Oklahoma, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Bad, Bad, Management”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

My daughter was employed at Primo s for approximately 3 weeks. Now I m sure you are wondering.....why such a short time?......Well, let me tell you.....she was hired to be a food server and has never waited tables in her life. After the whopping three shifts of training and without finding out what she knew or had been taught, she was thrown to the wolves and put on the floor to serve the public by herself. She was excited, however at the end of her shift she was expected to know things that she had never been taught and the wait staff and MANAGEMENT were very rude to her when she asked for help. She came home in tears and as a result I called the restaurant and talked to the manager. He apologized for what happened however the next day when she went to work the other manager Jennifer, called her aside and told her that she did not need to have her mommy call the restaurant when things did not go her way. My daughter never asked me to call I just did .....you know, being a parent that doesn t appreciate my daughter being treated like crap!. She continued to work there regardless of what happened and regardless of the fact that she made NO MONEY for the time and effort that she put in. The final straw was when she went in on a Thursday at 3:00pm. She rang about $385.00 in sales and was cut off the floor at approximately 7:45pm. At 9:00pm she was still there and was upset because there were other servers that came in later than her that had already gone home. She was upset and called me at home from her cell. Soon after that, her manager called her to the side again and was extremely rude by telling her, once again, you don t need to call your MOMMY (in a very sarcastic way) when you get upset it just causes problems then the manager continued to speak to my daughter in an ugly way saying, Why are you crying!!!, Stop crying!!, You know there might be nights when you have to stay till 10 or 11 and in again very sarcastic way asks, "is that gonna be OK"! ......My daughter asks the manager, do you want to fire me, I ll just put in my two weeks. And the manager says, don t threaten me with your two weeks, I have plenty of servers!!! .........The manager Jennifer was a completed &@*!% to my daughter......and......apparently is that way towards most of the kids that work there. I would steer my children away from working at this restaurant as they will be treated like crap, disrespected, have to deal with a condescending manager, and not make the kind of money that they should make while waiting tables. STAY AWAY FRM PRIMOS YUKON!!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Carlene D

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“It's gone downhill a bit...”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We used to love Primo's. It was our favorite place when we moved here in the fall of 2010. However, it seems the last 2 visits since Spring 2012 have been less than impressive. They do accept reservations which is hard to find these days. Hopefully they will make changes to improve some of my concerns (I also filled out their online survey)

First impressions were bad this go around, we sat down with their new modern looking menu (that doesn't suit the style/decor/ambiance of this place) and immediately the menu was sticking to the table. Mind you the nicer dressed lady who sometimes walks around and asks how things are and serves wine, had wiped the table, but obviously not very thoroughly. So we flagged down another girl and she sort of half-*#&sed wiped it off. I took the rag from her and wiped it myself. I said it is still sticky over here and she said "I can't reach." -- seriously? I then went to wash my hands in the very hot bathroom.

On our previous visit in May/June time frame, The Cannelloni Florentine is not what it used to be. The filling seemed dry and the sauce nothing to get excited about. This dish used to be so deliciously creamy and rich, now it tastes like leftovers or frozen food.

The bread and olive oil/balsamic vinegar is still good. This past visit (Aug 2012) we split a salad which was just fine, nothing spectacular. We also wanted to order our favorite appetizer "toasted tortellini" -- guess what ? The took it and all tortellini off the menu! What a mistake. We ordered the mozzeralla sticks which were a wast of money - I could buy a frozen bag at walmart. not again. For our entree, we decided to split the SuPrimo pizza which was very good. The tomato sauce was a good flavor and the chicken on it was really good.

I agree with previous poster that the service seems to be very lacking. Sorry folks, but when I order a glass of wine, I do not want to wait over 10 minutes for it. Nor do I want to wait for the bread. I had to ask our server after 5 minutes to check on my wine and please bring us some bread. (I had decided when going in there I wasn't waiting more than 5 minutes and would be chasing them down if necessary, based on previous visits.) It was almost like she was just too laid back to be serving tables.

I know they don't charge a lot of their food, but what they are serving now is NOT what it used to be. So, while I may dine here again, I am going with rather low expectations and won't count on Primo's to be my first "americanized" Italian preference anymore.

• Visited August 2012
Edmond, Oklahoma
“No longer what it used to be, dirty!”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

The last two times we went to Primo's were disappointing. The food was average, the place was busy and noisy but the main issue was service quality. The waiters were very unprofessional and did not have a clue on the wine list. but most of all their uniforms were dirty, wrinkled and stained. I was always told that the uniforms in a restaurant reflect the kitchen!
We will not return to Primo's, it used to be a place were we went on a regular basis.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank ontheroadagain5154
Yukon, Oklahoma
“Nice quiet restaurant in the heart of Yukon”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

This is one of our family favorites as we are locals here in Yukon. Primo's here in Yukon is in a great location and a wonderful place to eat. The food is always wonderful along with great service. It is a small restaurant just looking at it but the wait to be seated is always minimal. Highly recommend this wonderful restaurant.

Visited June 2012
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“EXCELLENT”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We had 5 adults and 2 kids in our party. We all orderd something diffrent and were very pleased with everything. The pizza was GREAT, the kids spageti and meatballs was like an adult serving. We can not wait to go back and try several other items on the creative menu. Ask about thier speacials, and if you check in on your phone, you can recieve discount to your check. Would HIGHLY recommend.

• Visited April 2012