“Best Laquinta in the area”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Oklahoma City -Yukon
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Yukon
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Great area to walk your dog. Pool area and hot tub were fabulous. Room was great and staff was very friendly. Great location with shops and restaurants close by in Yukon. Easy to get to OKC without hassle.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Brian R, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Oklahoma City -Yukon, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

I want to thank you for the positive review. We have a nice convenient property for most traveler's in the area and we appreciate your feedback. Thank you very much!

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I frequently travel with my pets. Other hotels/motels usually give you the worst room they have or turn you away. Not LaQuinta! The rooms are like suites, always clean and fresh. Staff is ALWAYS friendly and very, very helpful. I became a rewards member because of the pet policy and the wonderful rooms.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you so much for your feedback! We appreciate our pet owners and will always give them the best rooms available. Thanks again!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

this hotel brand is pushing that it's a better brand, holes in the doors. cracked bath tub. worn furniture, no wall paintings, cracked tile. and this was an upgrade, and the place smelled. Good staff, friendly.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

I want to personally thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry for the issues you encountered and we will get them handled asap. I hope you will give us another try so we can show you how we truly are. Again, thank you!

Reviewed February 18, 2014

This was a nice hotel. Close to everything we wanted to do. It would have been much better with a comfortable chair in the room. But the size was good. On our first morning the breakfast was good, The second day, left a lot to be desired. But the overall stay was good.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Thank you so much for your feedback! We hope to see you in the future with even better results. Thanks again!

Reviewed February 6, 2014

We were a little concerned about staying here because of some of the past couple reviews. We arrived after a very long drive and extremelly cold and windy weather. The room was very nice and the front desk ladies very nice. They even called to make sure we werr happy with our room. I did mention that the sofa had several torn spots on the edges and the towel bar in bathroom was coming off. Breakfast was very good. When we arrived there were no luggage carriers available and we had quite a bit of luggage to carry in from our truck. The front desk lady looked on the other floors but could not locate one. We would stay again

• Stayed: January 2014

I want to personally thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We are having a remodel during 2014 and that will fix any room issues. My staff and I thanik you for your comments. Have a great day and we hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I read the reviews here before booking this hotel and I really should have believed what I read. Firstly- the girl at the front desk was horrible. Her name may have been Ashley but I am not positive; she did not say 'hello' to us when we checked in and, in fact, did not even ask what she could do for us, she just looked at me with a stoic face until I told her we were there to check-in. I could go on for pages just about her rudeness, but I will not.
(I did go to the front desk in the morning to find out her name- I walked up, heard paper-shuffling noises coming from the back office, placed my keys somewhat loudly on to the counter, no one came out, said 'hello' loudly, and finally a man came out and ask what I needed. He was wearing casual jeans and a sweatshirt or t-shirt. I asked what the girls name was that was working the night before and he told me, but did not ask why I was asking, he just walked away. I really hope he is not the manager.)

When we got in to our room I decided to check the sheets for cleanliness since others here seemed to have issues with the sheets- yep, you got it, they had not been changed. There were several strands of hair under the pillows and some makeup smears on the pillow cases. I called the wonderful girl at the front desk to ask for a clean room and she did move us without any hesitation (it seemed to be a regular thing for her). We went to the front desk to get our keys and she was talking with some good-looking gentlemen (she sure was a lot more friendly with them), she glanced over to my daughter and said "your keys are over there". She had left them just sitting on the counter.

She ended up putting us into an ADA room, which is fine, though I think hotel management may want to consider updating their ADA rooms. The shower head, once turned on, started spraying all over the bathroom; I actually had to hold it with my hand the entire time to keep it from flooding the floor. Not sure how someone in a wheelchair might be able to reach up and grab it like that, but maybe the hotel just doesn't care.

When I got out of the shower I grabbed a towel to dry off and, thankfully, right before I dried my face I noticed numerous strands of hair on the towel. I chose to air-dry.

Needless to say I did not go to the breakfast room in the morning...who knows what germs would have been festering around there.

Also- and this is really irritating: their workout room is open 24 hours, but their pool closes at 10pm. The only way to get to the workout room is through the pool entrance. My daughter actually said to the girl at the front: is the workout room open?
Her: yes, 24 hours.
Daughter: well, how do I get in there.
Her: through the pool.
Daughter: but the pool door is locked.
Her: Yeah.
Daughter: then how do I get in.
Her: You don't.
Seriously.

Last but not least, the bed was horribly uncomfortable.

Room Tip: Follow the advice of other travelers: pick a different La Quinta location.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Brian R, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Oklahoma City -Yukon, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

I am very very sorry that you had an experience like that with us. We take pride in our jobs and i feel that most of our reviews have been very positive. When there is an issue we want to know so we can correct it. We have already made a couple of changes since your stay and did not charge you for the stay. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

We really enjoyed the hotel. The rooms were big and room was great. Breakfast had many options, but was not my favorite. The staff was nice and helpful. The pool and hot tub were really warm and overall we had a nice time. We will be back in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

I want to thank you personally for your response. We really appreciate feedback from our guests, especially when it is so positive. We will try to see what we can do to improve breakfast.