“Nice Hotel”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Oklahoma City -Yukon
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Yukon
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. Rooms are nice. They have a hot tub inside and swimming pool is inside. No complaints. The electricity went out the first morning I stayed. all around the area. We just happen to be in the elevator when it happened. Call 911and and the fireman only take a 8 minutes to get there we were in their 30 minutes total. The front desk lady was extremely polite and friendly.

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Room had queen bed, sofa, straight back chair, flat screen TV, microwave, fridge and a small bathroom. Good working area with free Wi-Fi. Wall heater/air conditioner instead of thermostat. Walls were filthy and needed painting. Room furnishings need updated. Too expensive for what you get. Doubt I will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
A La Quinta traveler
Park Ridge, Illinois, USA
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Brian R, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Oklahoma City -Yukon, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Brian R, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Oklahoma City -Yukon, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Great, clean hotel with large rooms. The king bed suite is a large room. Plenty of room for two people, two dogs and two cats!
Stay here!
Good breakfast w Biscuits, bacon, eggs, waffles, yogurt and decent coffee.

• Stayed: August 2013

I want to personally thank you for your feedback. We love to hear from our guests, especially when it is so positive. We are a great value and perfect for travelers with pets. Thanks again and we hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Stayed here Sunday night on our way to The Grand Canyon. It was very easy to get to once you're off the interstate. Check-in was so easy, maybe 5 minutes at the most. Our room was facing I-40, but we never heard the first car. I think it sits back far enough that it's not a problem.

I will say the only one complaint we have is the smell of cigarette smoke in the hallway and we were supposedly on a non-smoking floor. The hallway was really bad, but had no problems in our room.

The room and bathroom were both very clean, no issues with anything. Wi-Fi was easy & FREE. Love that!! The beds were some of the most comfortable we've ever slept on in a hotel. Reminds me of our memory foam mattresses at home. The one thing that I loved the most was the A/C unit was so quiet! Most A/C units in hotel rooms are loud and annoying. Not this one. We were very impressed. Everything was modern and in great shape.

The breakfast was fine too. Great selection of hot & cold foods. Only wish they had more fruit, but the yogurt was good. They had typical eggs, bacon, biscuits & gravy, oatmeal, fruit, pastries and yogurt.

We got a great rate at this hotel on their website under the special deals tab for weekends. The rate was $69 plus tax, so we certainly did not complain about that. Considering we also had free Wi-Fi & breakfast, it was a steal for us! We would definitely consider staying here again if ever in the area again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

I want to personally thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate hearing good things from our guests. I do want to apologize for any smoke smell you encountered. We try our best to make sure people do not smoke in the rooms. Our staff reviews all comments and we will go over this issue so it is not a problem anymore. Thanks for all the positive comments. We hope to see you in the future with even better results.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I booked this hotel because it was supposed to be a smoke free hotel. My Wife is allergic to cig smoke, and the smell makes her sick. But our room had a very strong odor of it. So strong that we never did quite get used to it. The room was big though. We got a lot for the price we paid. We got the 2 queen w/sofa bed suite. The stains and other little things stuck on the walls though just kept grossing me out. The walls definitely need to be scrubbed and repainted. I got the feeling that there had definitely been some wild parties in that room in the recent past. There was no ice or vending machine on our floor. Just a big empty hole where they used to be.

The "sofa bed" in the room was actually a love seat which folds out into a single bed. I was disappointed with that. The queen beds were comfy, and the a/c was cold. The pool was nice, but the bubble control knob for the hot tub was broken, so there were no bubbles. Also, the odor of chlorine is strong, and makes your eyes burn after being in there for more than 20 minutes.

There was never any noise in the hotel, and we all slept through the night. For breakfast, they had the typical hotel powdered scrambled eggs, with biscuits and sausage gravy. Along with the other usual complimentary breakfast items. They kept the hot breakfast items stocked up until 10 am, which was great. I talked to a lady in the elevator after breakfast, and she told me breakfast there was bad the day before. And by bad I mean that they quickly ran out of hot items and made little effort to restock after 9am.

To sum up. Room was nasty, breakfast was good, pets were free, and our military discount was good.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

I want to personally thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate hearing from our guests about their experience with us. I am very sorry your room smelled like smoke. We will have to enforce the rules better. We are beginning a remodel of the property which includes painting of the entire interior. We have completed some rooms, but have not done the room you were in. We do have vending on the 2nd and 3rd florrs and I apologize for any inconvenience caused to you by not having vending on the 3rd floor. I will go over your review with my team and owners in hope that we can improve for your next stay. Thanks again!