“Boycott this place, its a rip-off”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Oklahoma City -Yukon
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Yukon
yukon,ok
“Boycott this place, its a rip-off”
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I lost my home in the May 24,2011 tornado. This was not my 1st choice but my 4th choice for a room because the others were booked. I should have slept in my truck. I gave them my credit card number to open a tab, but paid cash every day. The 2nd night they called me at 12:36 A.M. to ask if I had paid my bill. I said yes and had a receipt to prove it. He mumbled "she must have entered it wrong" and hung up with no apology. I wrote up 1 day and told the front desk the 2nd day about half the lights not working and they never got fixed.The 5th night at 9:20 p.m. a man walked in my room without knocking. I ran him out then the night clerk called and said the day clerk told him I was checking out. I said that was a lie. He then asked me 3 times when I was checking out. It became a heated argument and I hung up,packed and left. Since then, I have found 2 separate nights they charged my card for,even though I paid cash every night. One of the nights was a day after I had left.I had to file complaints with corporate office twice, the BBB twice,and call my credit card company twice to put stop payments on the charges. This is ongoing and still unresolved.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank vladteppesh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Canyon, Texas
Reviewed May 11, 2011

The hotel was comfortable and room clean, but the ventilation system brought in cigarette smoke. When we asked about it at the front desk, we were told that although we were in a non-smoking room on the second floor, they did permit smoking on the third floor and that's where it was probably coming from.

That said, how does that make our room non-smoking?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whirlpool/jacuzzi in the pool area was disgustingly dirty. I didn't ask but it may have been non-operational as no one was using it.

Room Tip: Not really sure how one can guarantee a non-smoki.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Japheaux
Monterey, California
Reviewed April 3, 2011

On checkin the desk clerk wasn't friendly. Had a huge suite. 2 tv's but only 1 remote. Called front desk for another one and they said there was only one. They didn't care. Tried to set the alarm clock, it wouldn't work. Some of the electric outlets didn't work. Stayed same night as a local high school team. Our suite was at end of hallway. Turns out the hall door was on other side of suite bedroom, right by the head of the bed! The HS team ran amouk all night. When the door slammed shut it made a huge sledgehammer type sound and actually shook the headboard, waking us up numerous times. Tried to call the front desk, the phone wouldn't work. Won't stay again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PheebeeCA
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed January 6, 2011

This is my 2nd time staying at the Yukon LQ. The first was in late 2009 - I loved it then, and I love it still. It's a newer La Quinta located on the outskirts of Oklahoma City - close to a good assortment of fast food restaurants. The staff was friendly, and the rooms are very spacious and comfortable. I always stay at La Quinta's when traveling, as they don't charge extra for large dogs, and this is one of the nicest. Breakfast was fine - muffins, eggs, cereal, beverages - and of course free. I'd definitely recommend it, and don't know what all the fuss is about. Sure, it's not a 5 star resort, but it's clean, comfortable, and in a good location.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
OTTAWA
Reviewed December 6, 2010

This hotel was only one year old. At first glance, It looked nice. After we checked, we realized the place was not well maintained. Carpet in our room (214) was dirty, not stained, but didn't vaccum well, lots of debris. Towel rack in the bathroom was almost off the wall. Lots of scraped marks on the wall throught out the room. For an 1 yr old hotel, it looked really worned. However, the beds were comfortable and we had a good night sleep. Internet service was down when we`re there and didn't come back the next morning either. Spoke with the front desk at night, she confirmed that the internet service was down, but said Cox reset it and should be back soon. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. Breakfast selection was good, except coffee tasted like water. Staffs were ok, not the most friendly and attentive. Mainly fast food places near the hotel. More restaurant selection at exit 136. We stayed at La Quinta because of their pet policy: pets stay for free.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2010

We arrived late afternoon but had no trouble getting adjoining rooms. Good parking for a 17' U-haul and well lighted. Rooms were clean and they accepted pets. Beds were oustanding and all had a great nights sleep, after a great meal at a nearby Braums. In the am they had a great hot breakfast buffet, including waffles! I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to th oklahoma city area, and will definitely stay here again the next time i am in town.

• Stayed December 2010
Arizona
Reviewed July 30, 2010

Stayed at this hotel based on tripadvisor previews, we were very disappointed. I will NEVER stay at a La Quinta again. Seems to be a new hotel but is poorly maintained. Had a room on the 3rd floor, the elevator sounded as if it was going to break down while riding in it. Got to our room and there were holes in the wall, scuff marks and shoe prints on the walls. Asked to be moved to the first floor. The girl at the front desk was accommodating but was in a hurry to get out of there to cash her check before the bank closed. Seemed a little stressed. Breakfast, I know it was free but it was bad. Not good.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family