“Rooms were Dirty!”
Review of Northwest Inn

Northwest Inn
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Woodward
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Was very disappointed , I have a small (7lb) dog, charged an extra $10 a night for him, however they should of paid me. The room was nasty. Floors hasn't been vacuumed , misc items found under edge of bed from the last customer . Over priced for conditions of room. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Ljbs2000
spkWoodward, General Manager at Northwest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

We apologize that the guest room you were staying in was below our standard room quality. Your input is very important to us.
Our hotel like many others has a pet charge.
We feel our charge of $10.00 for the first night is a reasonable one.
Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

this motel has rooms, pool, exercise room, food and beverage services with an atrium covering the pool area. the rooms are clean and comfortable although they are starting to show some wear from the outside. pet friendly. the breakfast is good with cook to order items and buffet. would advise making a reservation in advance by their website on phone. will be back if in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
spkWoodward, General Manager at Northwest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

We appreciate your kind review of our hotel. Our #1 priority is to "Take Care of our Guest" with clean guest rooms and a friendly smile form our TEAM.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

Compared to our last bad experience, this stay was excellent. However, we did not use the pool during this visit. Just be aware that room prices change according to proximity to the pool, which was never explained to us in all of our previous stays.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank NanaBonnie
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

We appreciate you nice comments on your recent stay.

Glad to hear this stay was better than your previous one.

Thank you for choosing the Northwest Inn

Reviewed May 15, 2012

I stay here regularly since we put our mother in the nursing home just down the street. However, this trip was a little disappointing. The last time we were there, the water in the pool was so cold we couldn't even swim. This time the pool was warm, but the temperature in the atrium was so cold that people had to sit wrapped in blankets while watching their kids swim. We finally made our 2 little ones get out when their lips were purple, & they were shivering. We were told that it has to be kept cold in there to keep the plants alive. ?? Consequently, there were very few people using the pool the entire time we were there.

The next thing we were very upset about was when we woke the little ones up to go eat at 9:00, we found the dining room had been closed. We couldn't even order room service because we were told they were preparing lunch! (Try to explain to a 2 & 4 yr. old why they can't have breakfast after we woke them up to go eat!)

The last thing that REALLY upset me was that the price was $10 more per night for the VERY SAME ROOM than just a few weeks ago. The girl at the desk was not very friendly, but explained to me that we were in a "leisure room" which was more expensive. I explained that this was the exact room we were in last time for $10 less. Nothing has ever been mentioned to me during my other stays about different prices for rooms depending on top/ bottom floors or inside/outside rooms. She even looked up my past visits but would not admit that we were being charged more. She kept referring to my first visit, which was a different room.

Paying more than I expected & not getting breakfast will encourage us to try different hotels in the future.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank NanaBonnie
spkWoodward, General Manager at Northwest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2012

We have reviewed your concerns with your last stay with us and respect your comments.

Our pool temperature is kept at a constant 82 degrees and the atrium is set at 72 degrees.

We try our best to communicate our restaurant hours through our guest room directory and posting outside the restaurant doors.
We do not offer room service for breakfast, only for dinner.

The demand for guest rooms in the Woodward area has put us in a position to adjust our rates to keep in line with our local competitive hotels.

We do hope that you will choose our hotel during your next visit

Reviewed May 8, 2012

I expected to stay with family so I didn't have a reservation. I went to 3 Woodward hotels before this one and was told that Monday through Thursday the hotels were totally booked with oilfield personnel and they suggested I book at least 7 days in advance. One hotel was nice enough to call for us and we found out the Northwest Inn had a broken waterpipe and was resurfacing their balconies and sidewalks, so we were able to get a room for two nights. I figured no water was better than no airconditioning (staying with family). We checked in and were told the water would hopefully be on by 8 p.m. A guest told me there was some bottled water in the gym, which I took advantage of to drink that night. The water still wasn't on at 1 a.m. the next morning but was on by the time I got up.

The beds and pillows were very comfortable. The airconditioning worked really well (the curtain blew up from the unit). I liked that it had a mini fridge and microwave in the room. The bathroom had a sewer smell even day two when the water was supposedly fixed but we just shut the bathroom door and it didn't bother us. I couldn't get the blow dryer to turn off so I just unplugged it. The T.V. had a good picture and HBO. We didn't get up in time to try the breakfast either morning so I don't know about that. I enjoyed swimming in the pool and I liked that the pool was indoors so I felt safe swimming at night.

Our room was right by the exit from the interior so I heard people coming and going all the time as they had to use their key to enter. I was disappointed that the hotel didn't give us a discount for the lack of water and the noise from the redoing of the sidewalks but with all the Woodward hotels booked solid, I guess they didn't feel the need to. This is an older hotel but they've kept it up pretty well. I would definitely consider staying here again if necessary but would also check out the new La Quinta.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
spkWoodward, General Manager at Northwest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2012

The Northwest Inn did have a water pipe off the main water line break. We do apologize for this inconvenience. We were able to restore water that same day at 9:35PM on Thursday evening.
We had made calls during the day to guest having reservations that evening to make them aware of the situation.
Due to the demand in Woodward at this time, it is our suggestion to make resrvations at least 1 week in advance of arrival.
We do appreciate the nice comments you made about the Northwest Inn.
Sorry to hear you were not able to enjoy our hot cooked to order breakfast that is part of our guest room rate.
Please plan on staying at our hotel during your next visit to Woodward.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

Clean, pool not filled with chemicals, great breakfast. Highly recommend.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Elio V
spkWoodward, General Manager at Northwest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Your nice comments are appreciated.
I will share with our employees.
So glad to hear our hard work is making our guest stay a pleasant experience.
We look forward to your next stay here at the Northwest Inn.

Reviewed March 5, 2012

I decided to try this, instead of the chain across the street for a change, because of all the positive reviews. It won't happen again. The only thing I was told upon check in, was "you're room is outside, down there". No eye contact, no "Thank you", no asking if I had any questions. I could understand if they were just busy, but I was the only one there, and there were three of them. Spending over 200 nights a year in hotels, customer service is the most important part of a hotel.
The bed was too soft for my liking, but, that wouldn't keep me from staying here again.
The room was clean, and nicer than it looks from the outside.
I will not stay here again, and will not recommend to others for the customer service.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank sezzmi
spkWoodward, General Manager at Northwest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2012

We appreciate your comments on the cleanliness of our guest rooms.
Our apologizes for you not being properly greeted. We have trained our front desk agents to welcome our guest with a warm smile.
We look forward to your next visit.

Again, thank you for your comments.