“Bait and Switch followed by disrespect by management”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Weatherford
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We booked and confirmed a room while on the road at a rate of $89 (which would be $98 with taxes becuase we specifically asked). When we arrived at the hotel we didnt realize they had switched us to a room with a rate of $98 ($112 with taxes). When the credit card was overcharged the front desk deferred me to the manager, who was very insulting and said that I dont understand the difference between the rate with taxes and without. I was then deferred to the OWNER, who was also insulting. He made some irrelevant comparison to buying a steak and paying taxes. When I told him I had been trying to get a hold of him for a few days he told me "Don't even try to go there with me buddy. I have more important things to deal with than a piddly [--] $13 matter". This is how the management talks to and treats their customers. He also mentioned that Oklahoma City is sold out (due to the tornado displacements) which means he thinks he can treat customers however he wants, and he and his staff can "bait and switch" and people are pretty much stuck.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Benichie

Reviewed August 4, 2013

The customer service checked all the boxes, they were pleasant, professional, courteous and efficient. And the hotel itself was clean and well laid out with a fast internet, a good TV channel line-up (i.e., they had the BRAVO channel) and a complete business center. The rooms included comfortable pillows and beds, a microwave and a fridge, and plenty of lighting. With that being said, there were somethings that just missed the mark. The walls weren't totally soundproof, I could hear my neighbor talking on the phone. There were not enough outlets to accommodate modern technology; to charge my phone AND plug in my laptop, I had to unplug a lamp, which I would've like to have on since I was trying to work on my laptop. To plug in my flat iron in the bathroom, I had to unplug the coffee maker. In addition, the stopper in the tub was broken, so to take a shower, I had to remove the stopper (or stand in ankle-high water)!

Room Tip: Try to get an end room on the top floor, if you have someone watching TV past your bed time, you wil...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a night in a 2 queen bed room. For 87 bucks (that's with taxes and using our AAA card). The beds were comfy, Internet was fast. The fitness room was nice to use at the end of the day. It has an indoor pool right next to it. Didn't get to use it. The continental breakfast had your usual items and was well stocked. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The only issue we had was that after being on the road for 3 days we needed to do laundry. There's only one washer and drier in the whole building and it seems like everyone was doing their laundry yesterday. A building that big should have more. Except for that, I had a good nights stay. Highly recommend!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The Check in was a breeze. The Rooms were clean, but we found 2 bugs one in the bathroom another crawling up the wall. Beds were hard. You can hear the people next to you. Stay somewhere else if you can!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This is a nice place to rest your road weary bones. The front desk person was very nice. Our two queen bed suite was nice and clean and the beds very comfy. A couple minor issues like the tub stopper was unscrewed, and the power cord on the tv was not properly connected. I was able to troubleshoot and fix both in ten minutes, so no big deal, but stuff room service should catch. There is no hot tub and the pool area is small, hot and humid, but clean. The breakfast is good and well stocked. The lady working the breakfast is very nice. This is a good hotel for a nights rest.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We arrived late but the reservation ready and the room clean and comfortable. The breakfast was fair -- the coffee was not up to par and sweet rolls seemed dry and stale. The check in person gave little info -- best place to try and park for room location, breakfast time , etc. But overall very nice.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 26, 2013

On are way home from Las Vegas Nv we stop for the night at weatherford,ok.We got lucky in getting a room because of gradutions in the area.It was a real nice place clean and nice size rooms,The breakfast great. I used the Gym it was small but nice.The desk clerk was grat on check in.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family