“Great Museum”

35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great Museum”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We loved this museum while touring on holiday from england.There was plenty to see and it was really informative.Who would have thought that Stafford came from a lovely little old town on route 66!

2 Thank clancy2013

London
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“A great find”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I can't quite recall how we stumbled upon this museum but it made us stop and stay overnight in Weatherord . Amazing collection of 'memorabila' if that word can include aeroplanes and rockets!

Salt Lake City, Utah
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“One of my favorites”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I've been able to enjoy this museum twice now. I stumbled upon it a few years ago on a cross country trip and made it a point to make a return visit earlier this month. It's a worthwhile stop for anyone who appreciates aviation and/or the space program. Lots of good Russian stuff (planes, space memorabilia, etc) from Gen Stafford's Russian counterparts during his NASA days. Just a wonderful museum and one of my favorites while travelling in the middle of the country.

Oklahoma City
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Oklahoma's Best Kept Secret”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I flew into Weatherford to see the museum. My pilot friend across the street told me that he had worked on a V2 engine there, and I wanted to see it. Approaching the airport from the air, I saw nothing special, but I wanted to see what was there. When I went in, I saw an open area with aerospace exhibits and a bank of computers with active educational programs. I enjoyed it and got ready to leave, only to realize that I hadn't even seen the actual museum! I paid my $7 and went in. To say that I was surprised would be an understatement. There was room after room of absolutely top quality exhibits. It was like the Smithsonian Air Space Museum brought to Oklahoma--only on a smaller scale. There were numerous active hands-on computer simulations that I didn't have the time to try. I guess this museum has been publicized, but I never knew how really excellent it is. I plan to fly my nephew in some time so that he can see it. I think it is probably Oklahoma's best kept tourism secret.

East Longmeadow, Massachusetts
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Spectacular”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

It is a little over an hour’s drive from Oklahoma City but well worth the drive! I went with my 21 year old daughter and even though she is not a geek like Dad she really enjoyed it. It is pretty much in the middle of nowhere, no offence Weatherford, but that makes for an uncrowded visit to a treasure trove of space memorabilia and hardware. There are some great interactive displays as well as lots of genuine spacecraft and aircraft on display. It is right off Interstate 40 so if you are going by, STOP! You will not regret it.

Visited May 2013