“Lovely park and Lodge, poor service”
Review of Roman Nose Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Watonga
Roman Nose Lodge
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The park is beautiful and scenic, a great place for a day hike and a picnic. Lodge is new and has a lot of historical photographs, but I learned more about the area and the history from a resident in the nearby town of Watonga. It was Labor Day weekend but that's no excuse for lack of helpfulness from the front desk person and a long wait in the restaurant when it wasn't even busy. The one waitress was friendly and worked her tail off.

Room Tip: Don't be in a hurry if you go to the restaurant. The food was good!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Linn B

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I recently stayed at Roman Nose and had not been there for several years. The lodge has been recently refurbished and the room was great. The Lodge is within an Oklahoma State Park that has a wide variety of outdoor recreation activities including hiking and golf. If you are looking for a luxury resort with spa and room service and gourmet dining please look elsewhere. If you are looking for an opportunity to sample Oklahoma hospitality in a beautiful setting Roman Nose should be on your short list.

Room Tip: All rooms are on one floor. The rooms with higher numbers are quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Don H
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Have been curious about roman nose since hearing about its restoration. So for a small reunion was perfect location with enough activities for adults. Food was excellent cabin was very comfortable views from hiking& golf course very nice. We didn't go on lake since general store wasn't open. Saw tarantulas but no snakes. Want to return in the fall. Great place for reunions. Quiet getaway

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank nancy m
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was the first trip to Roman Nose for our family. We've had adventures at many camping facilities in the past and this, by far exceeded past adventures. There's tons of things to do in the state park, swimming, hiking, paddle boats, golfing, miniature golf, picnics, fishing, wildlife watching, and more. We thoroughly enjoyed the natural spring, which created a creek for the kids to play in. The golf course was well kept, which is surprising for a state run course. There was lots of open land for our family to enjoy.

The cabins, located about 3/4 of a mile from the hotel, were easily accessible and had driveways to pull right up next to them. They could use a little remodel. They have been well used over the years. The floor throughout the cabin is tile, of course. A full size refrigerator, electric stove, and microwave are all functional and modern. Two air conditioning units keep the cabin nice and cool. The bathroom was the most disappointing area. It appeared as though it had been patched and repaired by the local handyman. There were holes, plugged with silicone where pipes had been and mold around the upper shower walls. In the bedroom the beds were like laying on trampolines. It definitely is time for new mattresses.

With a few upgrades and a thorough cleaning, this place would get a five rating! Overall, the experience was great and I would definitely return. Those of you from the city just need to realize this is a lodge/camping ground.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Popo2220
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I have not been to Roman Nose for a few years, and they did make improvement on the decoration of the resort making it more modern and updated. Booking is easy and fast and the price is reasonable. However the ac in our room was so loud that it took me awhile to fall asleep.
We ate at the restaurant inside the resort for both breakfast and lunch and both times we have to wait 20 mins for someone to serve us. I even have to go to the front desk to asked them to get someone to serve us. Restaurant service definitely need improvement. However the foods were delicious when it finally came.
Like the review before me the lakeside view room is misleading because we can't see any lake view from our room because of bunch of trees blocking the view.
Overall this stay is average. If you are under budget then this will be the place to go but if you want to be pamper then def not here!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mrs K
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We visit family in Oklahoma every year, but I had never been to the Roman Nose Resort before November of 2012. I was very pleasantly surprised by how nice it is! We ate at the restaurant, out on the patio, which had a great view. You could tell they weren't expecting folks at the time - I think they were getting it ready for a large family reunion that was having an event that night, and we had to go find someone to serve us, but when we did - they were super friendly and did everything they could to take good care of us. The food was good, the drinks reasonably priced. I will definitely be back and would not hesitate to stay there - the decor was very nicely updated, the place was clean, and the service was good. :)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I ate lunch at the resort restaurant over the 2012 Christmas Holidays. The food, service, and atmosphere was good. I had no complaints. I have been eating at this restaurant since I was a small child and have seen it change many times. I think they have it right at the moment. I had a pleasant visit with old friends and was very happy there relaxing and enjoying the company I was with.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Roman Nose Lodge? Share your experiences!