“Karaoke Fun in the Lounge”

Glen's Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #20 of 35 Restaurants in Wagoner
Muskogee, Oklahoma
“Karaoke Fun in the Lounge”
Reviewed June 4, 2011

We went to celebrate a birthday in the lounge. The outside parking lot had two customer semi's and broken down looking van in the lot with advertisement for Catering on it when we got there around 8:40ish. Environment once inside the building was open and clean, again, didn't go to the restaurant portion. There was enough room for 2 birthdays plus more and the lounge was broken into three main chunks -- bar area, pool area, and karaoke/dance area. Nice medium size dance floor, 2 pool tables and many seats at the bar. Even seemed to be handicap friendly as a gentleman in a wheelchair was moving about the place with seemingly no problems later in the night.

One of the pool tables needed convincing to work correctly and it had an extra 14 ball in it. Probably belonged to the other table -- the staff was helpful and corrected the issues with the table. $1 a game.

They have karaoke on Fri & Sat nights as I understand it and we went on a Friday night. We just had an absolute good time. The Karaoke DJ was fantastic. The DJ sang well, played guitar and was friendly and nice as well as being engaged with the audience & singers. The song selection leaned toward country, but there were a lot of songs to choose from.

Pricing for shots a little steep, but it has been awhile since I've purchased a round for a group -- they may be right on in cost to today. Not exactly the person to go to when it comes to drinking or variety of alcohol/drinks -- Bartender did as I requested on a drink that I prefer though, which is more than I can say for at least 4 other bars I've been to. And he didn't complain or ask why about my preference.

I will definitely go again. Eventually. And would recommend it to anyone asking.

• Visited June 2011

Dallas
“Awful! Not clean!”
Reviewed June 27, 2010

They post that they have been in business since 1950 ...I'm thinking it has not been cleaned since then either! Food is awful!

1 Thank rockwalltexaslady