“Simple, but great!!”

Runt's BBQ Incorporated
Ranked #16 of 35 Restaurants in Wagoner
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed June 6, 2014

The menu is simple, but good selection. The staff very friendly. The prices are good especially for what you get. Very good food. I'd recommend this restaurant whether there's 2 or a party of 20. Will definitely return.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

One of my sisters lives here and recommended Runt's before we (the other 2 sisters) even arrived in OK. She said the baked beans are excellent.

I'm not a huge barbecue fan, didn't grow up with it but I do like beef brisket and pulled pork on occasion (I'm from the Northeast but live in Georgia).

Three of us came in for lunch. I like the atmosphere, it's very casual and relaxed. The restaurant is very clean. The staff are young and friendly.

One sister ordered the pulled pork dinner with fried okra and the aforementioned beans. My other sister opted for the pulled pork sandwich and side of beans. I selected the beef brisket, with fried okra and baked beans (sandwiches come with 1 side, dinners come with 2). The dinners come with Texas toast as well.

Napkins are a paper towel roll on a paper towel holder on the table. Barbecue sauce and ketchup are on the table as well.

Food came out quickly, hot and fresh. I was happy that my brisket had flavor even before I tried the BBQ sauce. Some barbecue seems tasteless until you add sauce, as if they forgot that the meat matters.

The baked beans WERE very good as was the fried okra. Our server was attentive and kept tabs on our progress during the meal, offered refills on a timely basis.

The portions are generous, I was not able to eat the whole plate of food so I didn't have room to try dessert. Maybe next time. :)

1  Thank Sharon E
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Great barbecue. Actually, some of the best in the area. The chopped brisket is awesome, as is the pulled pork. The sides are outstanding as well. There's not much on the menu to complain about or improve upon. The decor is old-time & quaint, resembling a place you'd find deep in the bayou or in the deep-woods, perhaps. The ambience is very laid-back and retiring, which is what you look for in a barbecue joint. Easy on the eye and not too hard on the pocketbook.