“Terrible internet, but would stay again”

Holiday Inn Express Suites Vinita
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Vinita
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Terrible internet, but would stay again”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Pros:
- Great water pressure in the shower
- Good TV channels
- Comfortable bed and comfy pillows
- Full length mirror
- Plenty of outlets
- (Indoor) Pool and hottub (didn't get in, but it's there and no one was ever in it)
- Normal hangers and hangers with clips
- Ironing board and iron
- Workout room with 2 older treadmills, a bike, filtered water jug, towels, large tv, and air conditioner you could control (i think, i never turned it on)
- Breakfast included: bagels, yogurt, biscuits/gravy, cinnamon rolls, eggs, bacon, sausage, occasional fruit, cereal

Cons:
- Internet is awful on both the wireless and hooked up to an in-room ethernet (that you have to request)
- Toilet would start running loudly off and on
- The outlets didn't work in the bathroom on my last day even after I tried to reset them. An outlet in the room surged my blow drier and burnt the wires up even though my blow drier seemed to be running slowly because of the outlet. (You'd think the outlet would be giving too much power and then a surge would happen, not providing less power and then causing a surge)

Not a con, but could Improve:
- Breakfast could have more low-cal options (fresher fruit, low-fat cream cheese for bagels, light yogurt like Dannon light and fit) and more cereal options like maybe one of those turnstiles with individual boxes of cereal
- Work out room could replace one of the treadmills with an eliptical and add a few free weights.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Hie V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Vinita, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for taking time to review our property; I sincerely apologize for the internet issues you experienced while staying with us; we have been working with our vendor to evaluate infrastructure. I also apologize for the issue you had with outlet in your room, I have addressed with maintenance this report. I am happy to report you will be seeing at Holiday Inn Express new breakfast items this spring that address guests desire for more healthy items, we took look forward to continuing to be the breakfast that guest love.

Respectfully,
Julie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Westminster, California
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I live in California and my daughter lives in Oklahoma. My grandson was turning 7 and wanted to swim. I made reservation at the hotel and we invited his buddy to stay with us also. That is all he wanted for his birthday. When we arrived the pool was not very warm and the spa was not working. The room also did not have a refrig or microwave and I'm use to that in California. When they found out how disappointed my grandson was they rushed to make the pool warmer and had the spa working within a few hours. Julie Shreve the manager was very helpful with this. Delana Muns made sure we had the microwave and refrig also. They were perfect hosts and made our trip great.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Hie V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Vinita, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
We truly appreciate your kind remarks and thanks for remembering staff by name; we like to pass on rewards to them when recognized as well. We are happy that tho things seemed less at arrival all your needs were met in a timely manner and you were able to enjoy the birthday boy and his birthday request as planned. Hope we see you again next year if not before.
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Hotel was clean, service was prompt and professional, yet friendly. Rooms are arranged nice and comfortable. Breakfast was fresh and plentiful. Enough choices to give a variety but not be confusing. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed December 2013
Hie V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Vinita, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We appreicate your kind words and look forward to having stop by next time you're in the neighborhood
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Traveling from Minnesota to Texas. Missed the Miami, OK exit at end of day and checked out this hotel. Late night reception lady was great. She even stayed a little longer since the overnight person was ready to start. Great fun helpful and personable. Helped me find my IGH number for points. Room was fine, quiet, clean and comfortable. In the morning, breakfast was fair but staff working were warm and friendly.

Stayed December 2013
Hie V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Vinita, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Sorry you missed your exit but Glad and Proud we were here just a few short miles down the road to be of service to you. I am very proud of the staff members who help make your stay more enjoyable, I like to pass praise on to them. We hope when your travels bring you through this way again, you'll stop back as a regular and get to know all of us.
Lenexa, Kansas
Reviewed December 6, 2013

The rooms do not have adequate sound insulation, so there is no privacy. They told me that I would have to rent a suite as those are the only ones that come with a refrigerator and microwave. They were not helpful in helping me with my IHG rewards program. I understood why later when I found that Holiday Inn would only give me a 1000 points for staying at their hotels for 37 days in the past year. Their rewards program is a scam for suckers.

I stopped staying there and went to a different hotel (Super 8 in Big Cabin) after deleting my future reservation. I told the company where I worked not to schedule me to stay there in the future. I will not be staying at Holiday Inns in the future

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ecrtr
Hie V, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Vinita, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
I am sad to be answering this review; As manager we love our regulars and usually our benefits of clean rooms, friendly staff, awesome breakfast, and more than likely even special rate given to our repeat visitors creates a better experience for the traveler. Our IHG rewards customers are some of most favored. However, there are times that companies value lower non IHG rewards rates over paying the qualifying rate to get IHG reward points for their employees in the fields. We respect that decision from operations standpoint. We do our best to make every guest feel they are special when they spend time at our property. It is true that only our suites offer the larger rooms with refrigerators and microwaves but they are very reasonably inexpensive in comparison to our standard room. Most companies who have travelers with those needs readily agree to the small increase.

Travelers are raving about these Vinita hotels

Berkeley Springs, West Virginia
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We spent two nights at this property. Overall, we had a very nice stay. All staff were friendly, especially the lady at check in who helped me get set up with the IHG rewards program. The room was clean, comfortable and nice appointed. The breakfast was very good and the nice lady...shame on me for not remembering her name....did an excellent job keeping things clean and stocked. She was very friendly and made my family and others feel welcome. Very refreshing to actually be talked to. Thanks for the great service!

Room Tip: The train does run through town...Our room was on the upper floor closest to walmart at the end of t...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Hie V, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Vinita, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you so much for all your kind words about those who made your stay a little extra nice. We enjoy meeting and making new friends who come our way. Look forward to seeing you next time your travels bring you to our little town.
Bryant, Indiana
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Ended up in Vinita since hotels in Claremore were booked. Rooms are as you would expect from this chain - comfortable, clean, pleasant. Breakfast offers the BEST hot cinnamon rolls. Includes warm eggs, bacon or sausage, biscuits and hot gravy. Of course there are the other continental items as well. But the whole area is clean! If there is a dirty table it's because someone just got up from it in the last 30 seconds. All items are kept fully stocked clear up to the last minute. The lady that attends the area is also helpful and will get items for you. The other staff have the same desire to make your stay a good one. The only problem they can't solve is the one they don't know about. Continuing on to Tulsa on the turnpike or Rt 66 is about 1 hour but the setting is quiet, rural small town instead of traffic, sirens, and concrete.

Room Tip: Good rooms are easy since the whole building is in a rural area. Only Walmart behind and outdoor ro...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hie V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Vinita, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
So glad you took the time to review our property. Sometimes when plans change and you have to drive a bit further than planned it works out great. We are glad we could serve you during your travels. Happy trails and many returns
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vinita
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami
#6 of 8 in Miami
Days Inn Miami
Days Inn Miami
#3 of 8 in Miami

Been to Holiday Inn Express Suites Vinita? Share your experiences!