Holiday Inn Express Suites Vinita
$63
$79
Good 3.5/5
Candlewyck Cove Resort(Grove)(Great Value!)
$129
Travelocity
Great 4.5/5
Best Western TimberRidge Inn(Grove)(Great Value!)
$101
TripAdvisor
WorldMark Grand Lake(Afton)
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsne oklahomaname brandsmall townbreakfast roomslept greatking bedcinnamon rollsparking lothot tuba great stayone night staystay there againbreakfast staffnice hotelthe entire staffhot breakfastfirst floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We decided that this trip was going to be a spontaneous one: when we got hungry, we'd look for a place to eat, when we got tired, then we'd stop driving and look for a place to stay. This is the first time we've traveled together without making reservations in advance. So far, this has worked well. We found this hotel not far from the highway and went in to see if they had rooms for the night. Lucky us! They did! The manager suggested a couple of restaurants that were still open late at night, and we followed her advice about an Italian restaurant. Comfortable beds left us rested for the next day's travel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Hie V, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Vinita, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Glad to have you guests

Happy Fourth Weekend

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We found this hotel to e below what we expect of a Holiday Inn Express. Front desk failed to recognize our Priority Club membership when we checked in. This is the first Holiday Inn Express that in my experience has failed to do so. When we looked at the room we found only one bath towel. This is totally unacceptable. I should not have to go to the front desk to get towels that should already be there. When I was taking in our luggage there were a number of people standing next to the entrance smoking cigarettes. I got a mouthful of smoke when I tried to pass by. I also smelled smoke during the evening. This alone would cause me never to come back to this hotel. While taking a shower I looked up and found 2 used disposable razors on the bath tub wall ledge. This was disgusting. Housekeeping needs to be addressed. On a positive note, breakfast was excellent. I love the pancake machine. I hope hotel management takes appropriate steps to get this hotel up to standard.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul J
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Vinita, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Paul J,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. I am pleased that the breakfast served during your stay lived up to your expectations. However, I am deeply sorry for the unacceptable service you have received from our staff. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stayed at a Holiday Inn Express for the first time in years. I would consider this an average hotel at a somewhat pricey cost for what we got (compared to nights spent at other hotels). Our room was clean with the exception of dust/lint on the carpet. The morning manager was friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast had a decent selection with various food choices (more than just bagels and danish). We would consider staying at this hotel again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hie V, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Vinita, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I appreciate your nice remarks about staff, we love meeting new travelers who stop at our remote locataion. Holiday Inn Express breakfast is of course known for their signature cinnamon rolls but we also provide hot eggs and meat, biscuit and sausage gravy our new pancakes freshly turned out at the push of a button. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I recently stayed in the Holiday Inn Express in Vinita, Oklahoma.

My family and I have stayed at this Inn three times previously.

We’ve always found the staff helpful and friendly, however, the price charged at this location is exorbitant for somewhat mediocre accommodations.

The bathrooms are in need of repair. For example, ALL the bathrooms need to have a working exhaust fan. Of all the different rooms the “central exhaust” has never worked or isn’t switched on.

The tile grout in the bathroom where I last stayed was nasty. The floor needed deep cleaning and the tile floor desired to be completely re-grouted.

There is a need for 2 TVs in the larger rooms. The positioning of the TV makes it uncomfortable to view it from the sitting area and the sleeping area at the same time.

Two out of the three times we've stayed either the Hot Tub, swimming pool or both have been closed. This is unacceptable for any Holiday Inn property.

The alarm clocks leave much to be desired. Every morning we were awakened at 5AM or 6AM by alarm clocks in vacant adjoining rooms going off. The reason being folks set the alarms but can’t figure out how to turn them off. I’d suggest that the proprietors dispose of all current alarm clocks and replace them with simple ones to be placed in the rooms.

For our money we'll now be making arrangements to stay in either Claremore or Miami and bypass the Holiday Inn Express of Vinita, Oklahoma.

The Holiday Inn Express is priced lower in Miami than in Vinita. We can't testify to the quality or cleanliness of the rooms or establishment, as we have yet to stay there, however we will soon discover the condition on our next trip to NW Oklahoma.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking time to share your recent experience, good or bad it helps us to be a better property for all future stays. Tho we too believe somethings could be more user friendly franchise requires same products at each and every property to be same across the brand.
You likewise mentioned the grout in our bathrooms and we too have been addressing that issue a floor at a time. I hope you will come see next time you are in the area and agree that yes we have addressed this concern and replaced all rooms with new clean grout.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

This hotel is located right off of the highway. The staff was very friendly, check in was a breeze. Room was very clean. seemed like they just remodeled everything was very modern looking. indoor pool was a plus, free internet and the breakfast topped everything off. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind review. Yes, our property has just completed a complete renovation in 2012 ....everything is brand new. We are very proud of our new look and are happy you liked it too.