“Adequate...But Expensive”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Vinita
Missouri
“Adequate...But Expensive”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Our family stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Suites in Vinita during a recent visit and found it to be adequate but extremely expensive. One thing that would help would be a little better service at the front desk. It wasn't terrible, but she just didn't make us feel overly welcome. The rooms were ok but the beds were a bit firm. The breakfast was good. Vinita doesn't have much to offer in choice of motels. I think this place takes advantage of that and hikes the price. If we had to, I'm sure we would stay here again, but hope they will bring down the price before we come this way again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 4forChrist
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Vinita, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Dear 4forChrist,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our property. I am pleased that you find our hotel adequate for your needs. I am sorry the Front Desk service fell below your expectation. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to improve the quality and service we offer.

I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and we hope to have the honor of hosting you again in the future.

Irish V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed April 9, 2012

My husband is working in Vinita for 3 weeks and we were planning on staying here the whole duration of that trip. I am 30 weeks pregnant and have a toddler so I decided to join him while he works out of town. We drove up late last night the staff was nice then, room was okay definatly OVERPRICED very dissapointed for $109 a night there was not a fridge or microwave in the room. About 8:30 am someone walks in our room without knocking as i roll over to look they run out. We went to breakfast at 9 and the staff was very nice but the lady did mention they shut down the line at 9:30 almost like I was late even though it was still 9. She started putting stuff away while we were eating. Felt very rushed. My husband calls me at 1:45 and tells me the job isn't ready and we are to go home and well come back in a day or two so he comes to the hotel. We explain to the i guess Manager (only one without a nametag) what is going on and she was so RUDE she said check out was at 11 and basically to bad. Our card was declined at first the she told the front desk to try again then if it doesn't to just let us get our stuff and leave but if it does then to charge us. All while working with us her attitude was so rude I couldn't believe it. Unfortunatly our card went through. I understand policies but i also understand common courtasy and I wouldn't be writing this if it wasn't for her attitude and being completely insulted. They just lost alot of business from us and I will be spreading the word. I have been here all day and only seen one other guest (now i know why) and a person booking a wedding poor girl I hope they don't treat there wedding guests the same as they have us.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Deewilllilah
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Vinita, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Deewilllilah,

Thank You for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Ben J
IHG Care

Travelers are raving about these Vinita hotels

Woodlawn, Tennessee
Reviewed March 11, 2012

My family and I stayed here while traveling across country. It was very fast service and they offered us a military discount which was nice. The room was very nice and up to date. The beds were super uncomfortable. When we took showers in the morning we discovered something red that looked like blood on the shower curtain. We shrugged it off but told management about it upon check-out. The free breakfast was horrible. The yogurt was expired and the biscuits were gross. Everything else was okay. Would not go back.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Meredith H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Vinita, responded to this review, April 1, 2012
Meredith H,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received service which was unacceptable. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Ben J
IHG Care
Mountain Home, Arkansas
Reviewed February 7, 2012

This place is not all that bad, but the parking lot looks like the surface of the moon. The paving is rolled up into large humps at so many places that it is hard to get to the front door without dragging. The rooms could use a good carpet shampooing, and the view of the cattle auction barn across the street is not much for ambiance. The employees were courteous and cheerful, and the breakfast was OK.

Room Tip: Quiet enough everywhere; I'd ask for lesser used rooms on higher floors
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Independence, Missouri
Reviewed December 17, 2011

My work had me at this location for 3 nights. The breakfast was pretty basic, but it was good, with a super nice server. The entire staff was amazingly nice. I think it might be a bit lackadaisical on maintenance. One day I came to the room early, and the maintenance man was working on the coffee pot outlet. But it's a nice, clean hotel. While I was there, they were working on the pool. Bare minimum, but I liked the stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Rhonlynn
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Was apprehensive of staying at this hotel after reading the last 3 reviews, but after staying at the hotel I would say, it a good, clean hotel which staff that are courteous and friendly. They are going through some extensive renovations so a lot of people moving in and out. Outside of that, room was clean, breakfast was good, no issues checking in and out. Restaurants around are limited choice but then again this is Vinita, so my expectations were not high :)

Must recommend summer side winery few blocks away, good food and good wine if you enjoy that...

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank lost_in_translation3
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I travel quite a bit for my job and have stayed at different hotels all over. This was by in large the dirtiest hotel I've ever stayed in. For example, when I pulled back the covers to go to bed I noticed a large stain on the sheets. Housekeeping put new sheets on the bed only to discover that the new sheets had (3) large stains on them. After finding "clean" sheets and getting a poor nights rest I let Management know what had happened. The Manager got defensive and rude with me and offered nothing in exchange for my terrible stay. I'd recommend finding a different hotel nearby.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank MBHanna
Also consider these accommodations in or near Vinita
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Miami
#6 of 8 in Miami
Days Inn Miami
Days Inn Miami
#3 of 8 in Miami

Been to Holiday Inn Express Suites Vinita? Share your experiences!