“I had high hopes from other reviews but was disappointed!”
Review of Golden Spike - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Golden Spike
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 4, 2012

The food was ok, not great. We had dessert- coconut cream pie but it was terrible.

1  Thank Horses589

Reviewed December 22, 2011

the food smelled wonderful and the atmosphere was pleasant, but the chicken I had didn't have any flavor.

Reviewed July 20, 2011

My husband and I usually stop at another Vinita restaurant when traveling on I44, Clanton's. However, they were closed this week as we passed through. We took a chance on the Golden Spike, and I have to say, our allegiance has changed. You may not find a chef here, but the cooks they have know comfort food inside and out.
My husband's favorite homestyle meal is chicken livers. His platter was full of them, crispy on the outside, perfectly done on the inside.
I enjoyed the day's special, turkey and dressing. It was tender and filling. The dressing was wet and well seasoned.
Although we did not have room for it, the chocolate pie and chocolate and strawberry pies were drawing compliments from all over the restaurant.
If you are looking for fancy schmancy, skip the Spike.
But if you seek a place where home cookin' is something to be proud of, where the owners care enough about their community to serve a community Christmas Dinner on Christmas Day, then stop in.
You will NOT be disappointed.

1  Thank princessfunkyshoes
Reviewed July 15, 2010

The rib eye steak is amazing. I am not a fan of red meat but I make an exception for this place.

1  Thank Polyglot5
Reviewed September 26, 2008

Sep 08. Stopped in Vinita after a run on I-44. Had a great Saturday evening diner at the Golden Spike. Just a couple of blocks from the Holiday Inn Express. Weekend specials are a 32 oz steak for two, rib-eye, strip steaks, or frog legs. Comes with soup and salad bar and potato. Had the strip. It was good. Friendly wait staff. Great service. Bar attached to the restaurant so we could have wine with the meal. Many local folks were eating there. We recommend to all as a local, non franchise place to eat! Closes at eight except Sunday when it closes at two pm.

1  Thank JoeandJean