“Maybe im just accustomed to Hilton properties.”

Courtyard Oklahoma City North
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Village
Reviewed May 14, 2011

Let's just say the photos on the website are a tad misleading. I stayed in the two room executive suite with my family. Unless you get the accessible room there are no doors between the "two rooms". If I were in a five star hotel id expect to pay for breakfast but not in this little hotel.

The front desk was very helpful in giving me a discount on the room but it was still a bit expensive.

• Stayed: May 2011

Reviewed May 11, 2011

Upon arrival at 10:30 pm, room was dirty. Toenail clippings, food particles, etc on floor between beds. "Dirty" wadded up kleenex on floor between end of bed and wall. Silverfish climbing wall by bed and bathroom. TV was not working properly; spotting reception. Was told by front desk (male) that I could fix myself by pulling out TV and unplugging all wires and restarting. Seriously? Was also told that "management" would take care of the dirty room issue upon checkout. (a little late in my book!) Well, NOTHING was done or offered by the checkout gal! Not even one hint of an apology! She absoluting could have cared less. She told me that they do not staff managers on the weekends! Guess I looked like I was fresh off the farm. I had to ask her to take my telephone number and have the "manager" call me when he/she came in on Monday. As of Wednesday, no attempt! Surprise, surprise!!! The sad thing is that a dirty room issue which could have been easily been taken care of became a management/staff issue that really is the heart of the hotel. Staff attitudes say it all!

Room Tip: Do not book with this hotel!!!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank familyfirst14
Reviewed October 30, 2010

Rooms look spanking new. Very clean, modern and comfortable. Great job on decorating rooms...very calming and spa-like. Full amenities.
Lots of restaurants nearby so don't sweat breakfast just GPS Starbucks or Jimmy's Egg if you're counting costs.
We've traveled the world 4 & 5 star hotels and this is a great stay at a great price. Period.

• Stayed: October 2010
1  Thank nanceBA
Reviewed August 9, 2010

Well first off- I am a travel agent and visit many different hotels. This is my second visit to this hotel and believe me it won't be the last. The hotel is Spotless. There is a delicious hot breakfast available (for a reasonable fee) at the hotel including eggs, hashbrowns, sausage, bacon etc.. There is also donuts and cereal if your so inclined. You can also purchase a rate that includes this breakfast which is still a great deal! There is a very large indoor pool and hot tub that is convienent to get to. It is all key card access so no worries about locals coming to the pool area.
I'll tell you this last visit we arrived VERY late.. (after 4 am).. I called ahead of time and they had me checked in and ready to go and they gave me a ONE THIRTY late check out! It was AMAZING!! We got plenty of rest before our return trip. (Just as a side note this hotel allows for noon check out anyways.. How awesome is t hat?)
Also, the hotel is right across the street from a huge mall and lots of restaurants.. Prime location! Its in a very safe neighborhood as well.
I HIGHLY recommend this hotel. Take it from a travel agent.. if we stay here.. you want to stay here! :)

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank kaye0712
Reviewed May 11, 2010

This is a very nice hotel for the price. The service has been on par with some of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed. The rooms are clean and well lit. Of course you do have to pay for breakfast, but it is much better than what you get at the hotels with free breakfast. They just need some water in the fitness room.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank SoonerRyan
Reviewed April 17, 2010

We enjoyed our stay in OKC and our hotel. It was very clean and trendy. A really great area of town with many shops and restaurants close by. We were visiting Edmond and it was a great location for getting to our location. We were a little surprised since we haven't stayed in a Courtyard in a while that a free breakfast wasn't included in pricing. With a family of 4 it ends of costing much more than breakfast should cost.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank ztlsgal
okchotelgm, General Manager at Courtyard Oklahoma City North, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2010

Dear ztlsgal,

I want to thank you for the nice review of our hotel. We always use guest's feedbacks to change / improve our overall service.

I'm glad to inform you that we dropped our breakfast price by $2; also you can always book our "Stay for Breakfast" rate which adds only $10 for breakfast for 2 to the rate.

Let us be your hotel of choice in Oklahoma City, and thank you.

Matt Martin

Reviewed December 8, 2009

This one is a treat. I've also stayed at the Marriott on NW Expressway / Classen, The Waterford and the Fairfield Inn Quail Springs.

Great qualities of this hotel;
- Best night's sleep I've had in any hotel, beating the Sofitel in NYC theater district. Bedding is very comfortable.
- Pretty quiet.
- The attached restaurant smelled of good food - did not actually eat there... this time.
- The breakfast appeared to be very tempting with a variety of choices.
- Exceptional service, foam pillows request, replacement batteries for remote, last-minute walk-in booking.

Where the hotel needs improvement;
- Thermostat operation is challenging.
- The TVs are nice, but the sensor receptor is on the right-hand side. If you get a room where cabinetry is partially blocking the right side of the TV the remote is near useless. My partner had such a room. In my room the left-hand side of the TV was partially obscured by the cabinetry. Though the TVs slide out about 6 inches, they need additional clearance to be seen from the beds.
- Duct work venting into the bathrooms is LOUD.
- Parking lot entrance and navigation is difficult.
- Late night dining / room service could have a lot more choices

Most other items are similar to what you would find in most other hotels of the same class. Despite any of the 'needs improvement' we will definitely stay at this hotel again, with the number one reason being the ultra comfortable bed.

[if you're interested, my remarks on the others I mentioned;
Marriott NW XPSWY - nice little hotel with good service. Is starting to show its age. Very convenient with easy highway access.
The Waterford - really going downhill. Moldy grout and sub-par accommodations.
Fairfield Inn Quail Springs - very basic and paper thin walls. Don't stay on a floor with anyone above you.]

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Endora666
Also consider these accommodations in or near Village
Hilton Garden Inn Oklahoma City North Quail Springs
Hilton Garden Inn Oklahoma City ...
#30 of 154 in Oklahoma City
Fairfield Inn & Suites Oklahoma City Quail Springs/South Edmond
Fairfield Inn & Suites Oklahoma ...
#56 of 154 in Oklahoma City
La Quinta Inn & Suites OKC North - Quail Springs
La Quinta Inn & Suites OKC North...
#28 of 154 in Oklahoma City
Staybridge Suites Oklahoma City - Quail Springs
Staybridge Suites Oklahoma City ...
#54 of 154 in Oklahoma City
Four Points By Sheraton Oklahoma City Quail Springs
Four Points By Sheraton Oklahoma...
#83 of 154 in Oklahoma City
Holiday Inn & Suites Oklahoma City/North Quail
Holiday Inn & Suites Oklahoma Ci...
#92 of 154 in Oklahoma City

Been to Courtyard Oklahoma City North? Share your experiences!