“Good but not without issues” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marriott Tulsa Hotel Southern Hills

Marriott Tulsa Hotel Southern Hills
Ranked #30 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Bryan, Texas
“Good but not without issues”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

We reserved 2 rooms for 4 days. We requested adjoining rooms before arriving. They said they would accommodate us but when we arrived they could not. Strike one.

We unpacked and stayed the first night then the next day we requested again and they could accommodate us off of the concierge level where we had been staying. The two rooms they put us in only one had hot water the other one did not. It would only get lukewarm. We repeatedly asked for them ti fix it. They couldn't get it to work. Srike two.

The thermostat was the next problem. It would only run the heater for about 4 minutes then stop. The night time temperature hovered around 30. Yes. It was cold. We ended up just asking for more blankets. Strike three.

The concierge lounge closes early and not open on the weekend. We couldn't even use it. Srtike four.

Now for the good news. The complimentary breakfast was very good. Tasty traditional breakfast buffet with made to order omelets and waffles. Minus one strike.

The staff were friendly and caring even if they couldn't solve our issues. Minus one more strike.

The facilities were modern and well maintained except for the specific issues I mentioned. Minus one more strike.

So, I suppose the balance is now a -1 strike? So, for all my Marriott experiences this one is probably the worst. But keep that in perspective. My worst day at a Marriott is probably better than my best day somewhere else.

I would stay here again, but never in the room we just left. :-)

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
TMSHGM, Manager at Marriott Tulsa Hotel Southern Hills, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the Marriott Tulsa Hotel Southern Hills.

We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. I will share them with our staff. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We will look into the issues that you mention. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Joe Gaudet

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Stroud, OKlahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Room was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast buffet was much better than average. Spa was wonderful. We had a little confusion with our meeting room. The staff quickly remedied. The meeting room, one of the hospitality suites, didn't lock, so our valuables needed to be moved out overnight.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

Great service, Awesome hotel for a small family looking to locate to Tulsa. A lot of places to eat that are close by. Very up to date rooms. Room service was not the greatest. Will highly recommend to family when they come and visit

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Greetings,

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We will look into all issues that you mention. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Mount Vernon, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

My husband spent a month at this hotel for business and I flew in for a few days to visit with him. This is a very nice property. What stood out to me, was the friendly housekeeping staff. Walking down the halls, they would always smile and say hello, while they were busy cleaning and making beds. Our stay was in a suite and it was huge. I did spend some time at the gym and the equipment was top notch. I walked around a lot while he worked and enjoyed the immediate area. There were many restaurants, stores etc. I did go into the executive lounge on my last day for breakfast and was surprised that it had closed at 9. There was an coffee/espresso maker tho, which I thought was a nice touch. I cannot speak to the value as it was covered by his company.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Greetings,

We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. I will share them with our staff. Our goal is to address all concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. I thank you for your kind words. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Springfield, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

Hotel is beautiful, one of the best looking Marriott properties in the midwest. The rooms are spacious and very well cleaned. It has a better gym than any hotel that I have ever been in. Parking is easy and free (thank you). All of these great attributes are why I am so confused as to why there is no coffee before 6:30AM when the concierge lounge opens? The coffee in the rooms is generic just like many other hotels. But many of us have to get up early for work way before 6:30AM. Us early risers need high quality caffeine. Please consider opening the concierge lounge by 5:00AM (just for coffee) or having a coffee bar in the lobby. Other than the coffee, the hotel exceeds expectations. If you are not a coffee lover the hotel should get 4.5 - 5 stars.

• Stayed January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TMSHGM, Manager at Marriott Tulsa Hotel Southern Hills, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Great feedback, Thank you. We will evaluate your suggestuibs. Again, thanks and have a great week. Joe Gaudet, GM
Edgerton, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

This was a conference of Rotary International Youth Exchange students and Rotary volunteers. Friday thru Sunday. The hotel is easy to find with plentiful free insure parking. The front desk was efficient and helpful. The rooms are as expected at a Marriott. The restaurant food was good with a nice buffet breakfast. Our only issue was the with the Wi-fi. It was really needed during sessions and it was completely unreliable to non-existent. Just something to keep in mind.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Greetings,

We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. I will share them with our staff. Our goal is to address any concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

My visit got off to a bad start when I tried to arrange a pickup by the "free airport shuttle" on the website. As a cost-cutting move, they won't pick you up until after 6 pm. So at 4:30 I was stuck with a 90-minute wait or $40-$50 cab ride that wasn't in my budget. Upon arrival, friendly people who explained the hotel had to cut costs and it was too expensive to have a driver on shift in the afternoon, but it translates to the business traveler that they didn't care enough about my business to pick me up. They should make this clear on the website before you book and pre-pay.
My room on an elite floor was spotless and nicely appointed, and with my airline status I had access to a concierge room on the 11th floor with a cash "honor" bar and limited snacks of pizza flatbread and nuts. The concierge breakfast included a nice variety of bread, fruit and freshly scrambled eggs, juice and coffee. Having a dinner meeting at the hotel was not an option, as the main restaurant/grill appeared to be closed on a Tuesday evening and the only options were the lobby bar and a sports bar serving burgers and not much else. Internet was fast once I got connected. A client gave me a ride back to the airport. Not a terrible stay, but I'll try somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: The ninth floor was nice and extremely quiet.