Marriott Tulsa Hotel Southern Hills
TheMayoHotel.com
  • Restaurant
$219
$178
All reviewsthe concierge loungelobby barbreakfast buffetnice hotelbeautiful lobbyroom serviceoral roberts universityflat screen tvcomfortable staygreat place to staystayed one nightfitness centerbusiness tripstaff was friendlycoffee makerbeds were comfortableconference
Reviewed January 20, 2014

My visit got off to a bad start when I tried to arrange a pickup by the "free airport shuttle" on the website. As a cost-cutting move, they won't pick you up until after 6 pm. So at 4:30 I was stuck with a 90-minute wait or $40-$50 cab ride that wasn't in my budget. Upon arrival, friendly people who explained the hotel had to cut costs and it was too expensive to have a driver on shift in the afternoon, but it translates to the business traveler that they didn't care enough about my business to pick me up. They should make this clear on the website before you book and pre-pay.
My room on an elite floor was spotless and nicely appointed, and with my airline status I had access to a concierge room on the 11th floor with a cash "honor" bar and limited snacks of pizza flatbread and nuts. The concierge breakfast included a nice variety of bread, fruit and freshly scrambled eggs, juice and coffee. Having a dinner meeting at the hotel was not an option, as the main restaurant/grill appeared to be closed on a Tuesday evening and the only options were the lobby bar and a sports bar serving burgers and not much else. Internet was fast once I got connected. A client gave me a ride back to the airport. Not a terrible stay, but I'll try somewhere else next time.

Room Tip: The ninth floor was nice and extremely quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Chas E, Night Manager at Marriott Tulsa Hotel Southern Hills, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Thank you for your sharing your comments about your recent visit. I can imagine how frustrating it can be to not have things unfold as planned. Providing a brilliant experience is our number one goal and I apologize we fell short of that. We adjust the Courtesy Shuttle availability on many factors, including the number of arriving flights at any given time. While our website does not provide a specific schedule, it does ask that you call to make an appointment as advance reservations for the shuttle are required. Again, I apologize for the frustration you encountered and look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Chas Emerson | Night Manager

Reviewed January 17, 2014

My room was clean, spacious and all you could ask for while staying in the Tulsa area. the staff were excellent and extremely helpful. There is a huge car park outside the hotel which hosted a classic car show at the weekend - which was a bonus !

There is a nice restaurant that serves great food, as well as a Starbucks which was well used during my stay.

I would highly recommend this hotel and would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 26, 2013

This property was recently remodeled and has all of the amenities a business traveler needs. The rooms are clean and quiet. I was impressed by the level of service. I arrived late and when I asked the time that room service closed, the desk clerk immediately took my order and got it to the kitchen before it closed 5 minutes later. Being on a special diet, I was glad that I was able to have a late dinner in my room rather than having to go back out and try to find something to eat at that hour. The service I experienced was that good for all three nights.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank cporter187
Reviewed December 17, 2013

In Tulsa to attend a graduation in another town, we stayed at Southern Hills (3 rooms). We were treated royally. But the best part was as we dined in the really nice restaurant. Our party included a young mother with 3 year old twins. the restaurant staff could not have been more helpful in finding things and portions the kids would like to eat. It was nice that they didn't move us to the back of the room or treat us like we had the plague which can happen in nicer places when you bring younger children.

The lady running the small shop was great with the kids as well and helped us with change for some dollar bills when the kids needed more money to throw in the fountain by the staircase.

Really economical and even better on the weekend.

Room service was great as well.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank don7614
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Only stayed here on a brief one night visit, but the stay was decent. Check-in went smoothly (I arrived just shortly after 4 pm), desk staff were friendly and accommodating; I requested both a high floor and a late checkout, received both. Lobby is very nice, rooms are simply standard Marriott fair, so nothing fancy, but mine was very clean. Only complaint was that it took over 10 minutes to get anything other than cold/lukewarm water in the shower; learned quickly to start the shower water 15 minutes early if I didn't want to freeze. My "view" was of the nearby TV station's satellite dishes, the hotel roof, and the parking lot; if you want to avoid that, consider asking for a room facing either 71st or Wheeling Ave - though there may be a noise trade off.

Room Tip: Rooms on front of hotel probably have better views, backside includes the conference facility roof, parking lot, and TV station.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo