“Great location not too clean”

Marriott Tulsa Hotel Southern Hills
Ranked #29 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
Katy, Texas, United States
“Great location not too clean”
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 5 nights. When we arrived, I usually check the room to make sure it got cleaned. There was hair in the tub the coffee maker leaked all over the place and the housekeeper seemed to forget her bathroom cleaner! HELLO!

• Stayed June 2013
TMSHGM, Manager at Marriott Tulsa Hotel Southern Hills, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Good Afternoon,

Regrets your stay was less than perfect. I know how frustrating it is when things are not completely satisfactory when travelling. I thank you for your comments and I apologize we did not deliver as expected. I will notify my staff and we will react appropriately. Again, thanks and happy Independence weekend.

Kind regards,

Joe Gaudet

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We attended a convention at this hotel for the weekend. It was so nice to be picked up from the airport by their shuttle and also learning that the shuttle would take us anywhere within a five mile radius of the hotel. Charles, the shuttle driver, was excellent, prompt and informative about Tulsa. Our room was very clean, spacious, had a refrigerator that was actually cold, coffeemaker and good quality shampoo and conditioner. This hotel is located within walking distance of some chain restaurants but we took advantage of the shuttle service since there are some really good restaurants within the five mile radius. We would return to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
TMSHGM, Manager at Marriott Tulsa Hotel Southern Hills, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for the kudos. Many of our staff have been with us for a long time and pride themselves on attention to detail. Again thanks, we will pass it on to Charles. Best Regards, Joe Gaudet, GM
Ontario
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Spent two nights here this past weekend. We enjoyed our stay. This is 'full Mariott' quality. It has an adequate pool area and very nice fitness center. It also has a Starbucks on-site, which I love. The room was on the small side, particularly the bathroom, which is why I rate this hotel 'very good' rather than 'excellent'. The room was nice and clean, which is always my first priority in a hotel. If I were to return to the area, I would definitely consider another stay.

Room Tip: Pool and fitness center are located on the third floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Good Afternoon, Thanks for the review. We love to hear it all - and genuinely care for your well being when with us. All the best, Joe Gaudet, GM
New Braunfels, Texas
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 8 nights while in Tulsa on business. Very convenient location. Lots of restaurants on 71st Street. The mall is close by. Enjoyed the stay. I would definitely stay here again. Pleasant staff. Shuttle to and from the airport if you need a ride.

• Stayed May 2013
Thanks for the kind words. We genuinely care about your stay with us and love to hear your comments. Best Regards, Joe Gaudet, GM
Independence, Missouri
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This is an excellent property. Very nice common area and rooms. Good location with lots of available parking. There are many restaurant options in the are near the hotel. The property is well maintained and quite clean. All of the staff were courteous and very helpful though out our stay. The complementary breakfast is the best we have had at any hotel property. The breakfast buffet included fruits, breads, pastries, oatmeal, cereals, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausages, potatoes, omelette station, and waffles. They even accommodated our large group by allowing us to use a side room to dine together and free up regular tables for other customers.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
TMSHGM, Manager at Marriott Tulsa Hotel Southern Hills, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
We get lots of sports teams stay with us and we love to hear when you enjoy it. Thanks for the thumps up. I will pass it on to my staff. Good for morale. Thank you and warm regards, Joe Gaudet, General Manager
Charlotte
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

First the good/very good: I stayed here on business for 2 nights. I'm a Platinum Elite rewards member so I always expect/llook for a good value and experience for my business so the hotel delivered on great price for room, great location, cleanliness and courtesy/service from staff. Parking is also easy to get in/out and free which is great as some hotels nickel and dime you about parking and/or it's a hassle to park/get to your room, etc.

Now the not so good: the A/C- Heating thermostat did NOT work! It was a hassle and annoying because the room was either too cold or too hot and the unit kept overshooting air and I couldn't even turn it off. I finally called for service and they sent some technician who didn't really fix it completely. Somehow the room was a little bit better when I got back to hotel on secon day but I was just too exhausted from work to bother calling again. Overall, I think the good items overall made my experience OK but you can't get 5 stars rating(excellent) when the a/c heating in rooms are not in great shape. However, I'm willing to give it one more try on the next time I'm in Tulsa.

By the way, the Front Service desk agent offered me 1k points to compensate somehow for my "trouble". I told her I'd take the points and it was a nice gesture but I'd prefer a comfortable room anytime over the hassle of having to complaint.

• Stayed April 2013
Good Morning, Thank you for taking time to comment about your stay. We enjoy the positive comments and we appreciate your sharing the issues with the room temps. I apologize for that inconvenience and have relayed the issues to my maintenance and rooms staff so we can be on the lookout for rooms that may need attention to the HVAC. Again, we appreciate your input and will react appropriately. Kind regards, Joe Gaudet, General Manager
Chicago
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Recently stayed at Marriott Southern Hills. Stay there a few times a year when I am in town. I had an issue with my bill and the accounting folks fixed it quickly and called me to let me know when it was fixed. I've been to other hotels and when there are issues like to you have to call several times to get it fixed. Nice to know that when there's a problem, it gets fixed correctly and quickly. Also, I was on a quiet floor. That was a nice touch.

Room Tip: Ask for the quiet floor
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
TMSHGM, Manager at Marriott Tulsa Hotel Southern Hills, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thanks for the kind words. We love to hear from our guests about their visits. Warm regards, Joe Gaudet, GM