“Nice Rooms, Great Price, Indoor Pool, Great Restaurant, Arcade”

Motel 6 Tulsa Airport #4696
Motel 6 Tulsa Airport #4696
Ranked #87 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed December 14, 2008

This hotel has been nicely remodelled and is a great value. Quiet, comfortable, and great for kids! The Free hot breakfast was good. There is a play area outside for kids with swings and a play structure. The pool is indoors and heated. They have a nice exercise room and a small arcade area.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. They really treated us like we were special, and that is a real nice feeling when you are staying at a hotel. The hotel offers a complimentary airport shuttle and the drivers are very nice. They have a restaurant right there at the hotel. The food is great and the prices are very reasonable.

I was very impressed with the whole package at the Ramada Inn. This is one of the best hotels I have stayed at, and for the price, it is a great deal. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed September 17, 2008

I stayed here during Labor day and it was very crowded. I'm not sure if it was a popular weekend, or just a popular hotel, but even with the amount of people there it was very quiet and pleasant to stay there. It was close to the airport and the courtesy shuttle was great and convenient. The actualy hotel is very large, and has a great atrium with a gazebo to hang out, or have my kids play in the playground. The restaurant and bar is also decorated with many arts and crafts from the Indian days. The pool was indoors, so it was kind of stuffy, but at least they had a pool that my kids could enjoy. There's not too many restaurants around the area but the hotel has an restaurant inside that had pretty decent food. The waitress/bartender was so very sweet and helpful, and it seemed like she had been there since it opened. She was a great lady and I can't wait to see her there again, her name was Sharon.

All in all it was a good hotel, not too many complaints besides the fact that it wasn't home, but it was good enough for me and my family. Oh yeah, they also had wireless throughout the hotel which was free, and also a free breakfast bar too. Would stay there again if I was in the area again.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2008

I recently stayed at the Ramada Inn in Tulsa as a layover. The amenities were quite adequate for the price. The hotel has a business center, indoor pool, and restaurant. In addition, they serve free breakfast in the morning, which includes bacon and eggs. Can't go wrong with that.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2008

Stayed here b/c of the TA reviews. At the time it was #2 in Tulsa.

The a/c worked great. However, this place was a sub-standard hotel. Saw a roach in the bathroom. Shower pressure sucked. Room was old (dropped ceiling) and dirty. Bed was hard. Front staff were okay. When I asked about 71st street (new development retail/restaurants), was told that they had a hotel restaurant...that's all...they didn't want to help me with the 71st street suggestions.

Overall this place is not #2 on Tulsa's list of Hotels. It can't be. Below average at best.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2008

Arrived in a very hot Tulsa after a 5 hour drive from Amarillo... so was relieved to find an OK hotel on our arrival.

This Ramada is handy as it's right by the freeway, however as a hotel it's pretty average - price was value for money so we didn't expect anything amazing. However it is fair to say that whilst the hotel could do with a little TLC here and there, the service and cleanliness outweigh the furnishings.

The room was OK, air con a little noisy, the bed was OK and I agree with the review left by the previous person on 28th July stating the bed was hard - it was a hard mattress and pillows. Some of the TV channels were out of tune and the wi-fi access was variable - sometimes worked and sometimes didn't.

We had a fridge and microwave in our room... they looked liked they had been through the wars a bit (a little dented and battered) but they worked fine. Our fridge had the number 5 on the side of it, so we aimiably named it 'Thunderfridge 5' (like Thunderbirds LOL).

However we were here to see Tulsa so didn't spend much time in the hotel. We were OK with the room we had - everything was in working order and clean so no complaints to be made.

The girl at check-in was uber-friendly - she'd only been on the job 4 weeks but was very efficient and conscientious. We ate in the restaurant on our first night, had the Catfish that was really nice. Sharon was our waitress and she was brilliant. She was the only one waiting on tables and serving at the bar but managed to look after everyone, remembering what we had to drink and taking time to chat and ask about our stay. The restaurant is themed in old western-style so has a little darkness about it... in light and colourings.

There was an indoor pool which looked nice but we didn't use it.

If you're looking for value for money hotel with a good level of service and are willing to overlook the odd dent here and there then you'll do fine here... it's comfortable enough for a couple of nights.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2008

Trusted the reviews from others on Trip Advisor and took a gamble. Hotel needs updating. Bed was hard, sheets scratchy, tolet seat not secured down. Stayed on a Saturday night and I think we had the entire hotel to ourselves. No, I would not stay again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2008

I had a short business trip in the Tulsa area and decided to book a room at the Ramada Tulsa Airport East because of the very competitive rates and proximity to the airport (as well as the free shuttle).

Check-in was a breeze, staff was efficient, friendly, and had that "southern hospitality" which I rarely encounter. I had done some homework and knew the shuttle could take me to the airport in the morning and that they had a business center, but in case I hadn't, the staff kindly reminded me of the conveniences as well as a free continental breakfast. Even though they could tell I was a business traveler, they made me feel very much at home.

The room was larger than I expected and had a nice view of a courtyard (definitely beats a parking lot). The rooms were very well kept and clean while still having that homey feel. Having stayed at many so-
called "corporate travel" hotels, I can attest that hotels often overlook these details and opt for details that belong more in an office than a bedroom. I don't know about you, but even when I'm traveling on business, I prefer to sleep in a comfortable bedroom, not an Ikea office showroom.

Note: on the way to my room I noticed the Indoor pool which looked like a great deal of fun and, had I been traveling with the family, would have been a huge hit.

My normal routine is to order room service, prepare for the next day's meeting, and call it a night. Since I had completed my business in Tulsa, I decided to venture out to the restaurant/bar.

**Amazing Bar**
This bar, and I hesitate to call it that since it felt more like a Saloon, is a throwback to the old days and is absolutely authentic in it's frontier-Indian theme. Having lived in cities like NY/LA, I have seen attempts to recreate this atmosphere and I must say those trendy, retro-chic bars have nothing on this place. Worth the trip alone. Who knew this gem was hiding in a humble Ramada affiliated with the local airport? I surely wouldn't. For my money, I'll definitely take a place with some character and history, that doesn't try to be anything it's not, over a Starbucks or your standard hotel diner any day.

In the morning, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the free Continental breakfast had hot food and was served by very friendly staff. Again, my usual business travel experience involves stale croissants at a self-service "table" more often than not.

Printed out my boarding pass with ease and hopped on the Shuttle, which was supposed to leave every half hour but the driver didn't mind taking me at a 15 minute interval. It felt more like a friend dropping me off at the airport than a by-the-book corporate experience, again a rarity in my travels.

While I don't frequently do business in Tulsa (usual travel is in the Northeast/West), staying at the Ramada Tulsa Airport East definitely embodied "southern hospitality" ( though I'm not positive Oklahoma qualifies as the South). Having seen so many different hotels in regions across the country, I definitely notice when a place is well-run because it shows from top-to-bottom. I would certainly recommend this hotel for business travelers to Tulsa as well as families on vacation or in transit.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business