“Run Down”

Motel 6 Tulsa Airport #4696
Ranked #88 of 108 Hotels in Tulsa
“Run Down”
Reviewed July 28, 2008

Trusted the reviews from others on Trip Advisor and took a gamble. Hotel needs updating. Bed was hard, sheets scratchy, tolet seat not secured down. Stayed on a Saturday night and I think we had the entire hotel to ourselves. No, I would not stay again.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Los Angeles
Reviewed May 28, 2008

I had a short business trip in the Tulsa area and decided to book a room at the Ramada Tulsa Airport East because of the very competitive rates and proximity to the airport (as well as the free shuttle).

Check-in was a breeze, staff was efficient, friendly, and had that "southern hospitality" which I rarely encounter. I had done some homework and knew the shuttle could take me to the airport in the morning and that they had a business center, but in case I hadn't, the staff kindly reminded me of the conveniences as well as a free continental breakfast. Even though they could tell I was a business traveler, they made me feel very much at home.

The room was larger than I expected and had a nice view of a courtyard (definitely beats a parking lot). The rooms were very well kept and clean while still having that homey feel. Having stayed at many so-
called "corporate travel" hotels, I can attest that hotels often overlook these details and opt for details that belong more in an office than a bedroom. I don't know about you, but even when I'm traveling on business, I prefer to sleep in a comfortable bedroom, not an Ikea office showroom.

Note: on the way to my room I noticed the Indoor pool which looked like a great deal of fun and, had I been traveling with the family, would have been a huge hit.

My normal routine is to order room service, prepare for the next day's meeting, and call it a night. Since I had completed my business in Tulsa, I decided to venture out to the restaurant/bar.

**Amazing Bar**
This bar, and I hesitate to call it that since it felt more like a Saloon, is a throwback to the old days and is absolutely authentic in it's frontier-Indian theme. Having lived in cities like NY/LA, I have seen attempts to recreate this atmosphere and I must say those trendy, retro-chic bars have nothing on this place. Worth the trip alone. Who knew this gem was hiding in a humble Ramada affiliated with the local airport? I surely wouldn't. For my money, I'll definitely take a place with some character and history, that doesn't try to be anything it's not, over a Starbucks or your standard hotel diner any day.

In the morning, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the free Continental breakfast had hot food and was served by very friendly staff. Again, my usual business travel experience involves stale croissants at a self-service "table" more often than not.

Printed out my boarding pass with ease and hopped on the Shuttle, which was supposed to leave every half hour but the driver didn't mind taking me at a 15 minute interval. It felt more like a friend dropping me off at the airport than a by-the-book corporate experience, again a rarity in my travels.

While I don't frequently do business in Tulsa (usual travel is in the Northeast/West), staying at the Ramada Tulsa Airport East definitely embodied "southern hospitality" ( though I'm not positive Oklahoma qualifies as the South). Having seen so many different hotels in regions across the country, I definitely notice when a place is well-run because it shows from top-to-bottom. I would certainly recommend this hotel for business travelers to Tulsa as well as families on vacation or in transit.

• Liked — The Bar/Saloon/Restaurant
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Ted C
Purcell, Missouri
Reviewed May 12, 2008

Wife and I were to catch an early morning plane to Mexico for our first anniversary. Checking with the airport for parking prices, we found that staying at a local hotel and catching a free shuttle would be cheaper than paying a parking lot fee. We chose this Ramada, and it was great. No complaints, and they offered the free shuttle to and from the hotel. Room was great, and front desk people were very friendly.

They allow you to park in their well-lit lot for up to ten days for free. This arrangement was MUCH easier than getting up at 3am to drive to the airport.

Stayed April 2008
1 Thank msubobcats
California
Reviewed May 5, 2008

I flew in from California on 4/23/08 and stayed at the Best Western right next door and it was terrible. So when I had to leave we stayed at the Ramada. It had clean rooms ,was quiet and the staff was kind and helpful. I had to take the shuttle at 4:30am and they were right on time. My mother stayed behind to drive back to Idabel and she enjoyed the continental breakfast which she was really impressed. I will come back again.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled with family