“Don't stay here !!”

Knights Inn Tulsa I-44
Ranked #96 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Room smelt like cigarettes. Bedding was dirty and smelly . Door was missing some numbers on the front . Outside our door was an overflowing trash can and bags fool of trash next to it that were leaking. Very small. TV worked fine . Kind of a nice shower . But overall I would NOT recommend this motel .. Horrible experience !!

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank Destinymm

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

We arrived to a sign the said Tulsa Select. The check in was ok but the area is scary fence in back is half down with people walking thru it. Residence are ghetto. Rooms smell old and like cigarettes no gym like advertised. Heating in room doesn't work Wall is painted ugly bright red. Bed was uncomfortable. Everything is old and worn down. When I called about heating we were told maintenance would fix it after 45 minutes of no show I called back and said forget it. At this point it was late and we decidd to stay the 1 night and count our losses It's GHETTO here and unsafe. The continental breakfast sucks. Just don't even come here

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank famfuncarmichael
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I stayed at this hotel and came back to my room one night to find ALL of my belongings GONE! The police were called and the owner refused to come up there to meet with the police. It was discovered by the police and their own security that my door DID NOT EVEN LOCK!!! They refused to review the security tapes and when checking who last accessed the room, it was housekeeping. Their key was used at 3 pm and every other morning, housekeeping came at 9 am--seems a little fishy to me. Their response to that was well, she said she cleaned the room. They also made sure to tell me how annoyed they were to be awakened the night before (again, they still did not come up there). I will be exhausting all available resources in recouping my damages. STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
5  Thank jdj78
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I read a bunch of the reviews before coming here and was like "oh, it'll be OK..." it didn't smell as bad as people said, and staff changes. I should have heeded them. There's not really much of a smell except old, but half of this place is boarded up...the gates are closed whenever the maintenance man feels like it (NOT at midnight like the sign says...they're usually closed around 10), the "high-speed wifi" is a total JOKE. In fact, I'm having a hard time leaving this review because the internet keeps crapping out on me. It's really hit-or-miss if you get a halfway decent TV or room.

The staff is rude and unhelpful. The fitness center is old, smelly, and half the equipment is ripped or broken. The carpet in the entire hotel looks like it came from 1886, and it's all wrinkled up in parts of the hotel. Half the ice machines don't work, and the elevators are the slowest in the history of elevators. The ONLY positive to this place is that it's THE cheapest extended-stay hotel in Tulsa. If you have the money, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: No tips except don't come here!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Anne M
Reviewed November 18, 2013

You walk up to the front entry way and say, "OK, this looks nothing like the advertised pictures and the stink is overwhelming". Next, the front desks requires ID's from every person, who does that? Third warning, the elevators do not work and they gave me the third floor. 4) The room was unbelieveably filthy, I mean, I could not see out the window. Blood on sheets, roaches, stains, cobwebs, I can go on forever. 5) No refunds, good luck with that.... 6) Secure your kids, hookers and nasty greasy men eye-balling your kids. 7) Lets talk about that breakfast.... yum yum. oh yeah, I forgot, there was no breakfast, the drunks took all the donuts. And last, I said, keep the money, just get me out of here and I stayed next door at the Red Roof. THEN THEY ARE TRYING TO AVOID THE RATINGS BY CHANGING THEIR NAME TO KNIGHTS INN.. HA HA GOOD LUCK WITH THAT......

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank bat121
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Don't know how there is 3 stars next to this dump....Half the hotel is boarded up.. During check in they took a hard copy of my credit card which I thought was odd, The hotel smells, 3rd floor smelt like an ashtray, the beds are hard as a rock with pillows to match. Next day (today) while out I get a call from my credit card company wanting to know if I am in South Carolina buying $173 worth of crap @ Walmart!! Needless to say I was not.... Had to cancel the card... Can't say it was hotel staff but in the last 1 1/2 years of traveling I have never had a hotel take a hard copy print of my credit card number... Checked out right after talking with talking to C.C. company.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank ml85249
Reviewed October 29, 2013

THIS IS THE WORST HOTEL I HAD EVER STAYED IN!!! Ok, so my mom got a job at the Tulsa Fair, and she had some savings deal on a room at this hotel. I decided to come with her, and my sister went along too. (Note that my mom is 34, I'm 15, and my sister is 9) so a bunch of girls staying alone at a hotel in a bad area without the dad or brother with us. When we drove into the parking lot around 1:00 am, all was dandy until we dragged our suitcases up to the entrance. There were two guys, a white guy and a black guy who looked like they were both drunk, kept staring at us as we went through the doors. That's right- they were just hanging out by the doors. When we got inside none of the employees greeted us or helped us with our heavy luggage. Oh, and the elevators were broken, so we had to drag all of our stuff up the stairs. And that's when it got even scarier. When we were walking towards our room, the same two guys followed us down the hall. When we walked faster, they walked faster. My mom noticed and she opened the door as fast as she could and we ran inside. Super terrifying. Unlike the other reviews, the room was decent. No bugs, no chipping paint, no torn out smoke alarms. The room didn't stink either. But there was no microwave, and it took three days for them to give us one. Also, on the first day, the phone didn't work. The AC worked fine though. Since my mom had to work at the fair, my sister and I stayed in the room all day besides when we went swimming in the pool. It opened at ten and closed at five, there were wasps EVERYWHERE and one landed on me. Luckily I didn't get stung. The walls are paper thin and you can hear EVERYTHING in the room beside you. In the room beside us, we heard people having s*x one day, fighting and yelling and slamming the next. Also, the TV was set on a channel that only played horror movies, so it scared us every time we turned it on. Then on the third night we stayed, someone was (believe it or not) playing a recording of a baby crying beside our door at around 10pm while my mom was at work. I knew it was a recording because it played the same sequence over and over again, would stop after about five minutes, and would start again, but the next time fainter, as if it were playing at each person's door. I called the front desk and said there was a baby crying for about an hour in the hallway. She said they would take care of it, but it continued. When my mom returned, I told her about it, and she packed up our things and went down to the lobby (also there was no "free breakfast"). When my mom complained about it to the front desk, they said I did not call at all, even though I did just twenty minutes before. My mom drove us all the way back home, came back to the hotel because she still had work, and was forced to stay at that hotel because they wouldn't give her a refund. She texted me the next morning saying that there were a ton of police at the hotel but they wouldn't tell her what was going on. Luckily my mom returned home safely. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. GANGSTERS HANG OUT IN THE PARKING LOT AND LOBBY. NOT SAFE FOR FAMILIES.

• Stayed: September 2013