“Nice place but don't count on airport shuttle”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa - I-44
Ranked #16 of 109 Hotels in Tulsa
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We chose this hotel because we were leaving for Mexico and it offered free airport shuttle and we could leave our car there til we returned.

First ... The room is fine. Had a 1 bedroom suite with king size bed. Pool area is inside with separate hot tub. They offered free drinks and horderves. So nothing wrong there ... You are close to places to eat via car.

So here's the problem we encountered .... When we arrived I said we need the shuttle at 5am ... They said it doesn't start until 6am .... We'll I called the day before and the employee on the phone said the shuttle runs 24/7...we'll come to find out that the local employee in Tulsa transferred their phones one nite to main switchboard of embassy (which is not local) because they were busy so the I received the wrong info ... None the less after a discussion they finally said they would pay for our taxi to airport .... Now when we returned from Mexico Friday nite and called the hotel to ask for shuttle pick up I was told it's not running driver is out and back up driver (batender) is too busy so you will have to buy your own taxi back to hotel. $30 ..... I'm a lil livid about now

It is not my problem that your driver is out and your back up is busy ..... You offered a service and it's your job to make sure what you offer is being upheld. I can't make excuses at my job and blow off a customer and you shouldn't either.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hamccormick
Brent D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa - I-44, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. First, I apologize for any miscommunication you received about the shuttle service. Our shuttle runs from 7am-11pm daily and is driven by our shuttle drivers, not our bartenders.

I would like to cover the cost of your taxi service, but I am unable to find your reservation in our system. If you would please contact me at brent.denardo@hilton.com or 918-622-4000 with a confirmation number so we can get this resolved for you.

Embassy Suites Tulsa

Write a ReviewReviews (1,031)

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Went down Sunday night to check out this hotel for a convention next August. COMPLETELY impressed with several things. Breakfast..FANTASTIC! My room was clean (my #1 priority!) and comfortable. After meeting with the staff Monday morning, couldn't have found a more accommodating staff! Whatever we need they will do.......I'm sure we picked the right hotel!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your Excellent comments; our commitment to you is that your convention stay next August will be as Excellent as your most recent stay. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I and about 100 other Marines attended a Military Reunion and chose Embassy Suites on South 79th St as the venue for the two day event. The hotel is a beautiful multi story facility. The staff were extremely helpful and very friendly from the front desk to the housekeeping staff they were excellent. The free breakfast to order was one of the best that I have had in my travels. There was a wide variety of items to choose from and the eggs were prepared to your order. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the Tulsa area.

Room Tip: Virtually all of the rooms were excellent
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

We are best known for our great suites, breakfast and service. The Embassy Suites is very proud of its excellent team members and we are glad that your experience reflected their hard work and dedication. Our atrium lobby was renovated just last year; specifically designed to offer ample seating areas for socializing which makes great space for reunions like yours. I’m happy to hear it you enjoyed it so much.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Staff is not very accommodating and the hotel is run down. The pictures on the website must have been taken years ago because the facility does not even similar in person. Room furnishings at nasty and worn out. Rooms are not clean.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Thank K. Allen L

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback, as feedback is a gift. We have been focusing our efforts on a number of areas and will continue to make steps to improve our property and the overall experience. I welcome you to reach me directly for your next trip, so that we may exceed your expectations.

Again, thank you for your comments and I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to retain your valued patronage and regain your confidence when your travel plans again bring you to the Tulsa area.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Free bottle of water when you check in. Free cocktail hour for 2 hours in the evening. Free snacks during cocktail hour. (excellent salsa) Free breakfast. (full service not just continental) Free Wi-Fi. Free Willy! (was not shown)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Brent D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa - I-44, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

We are best known for our great suites, evening reception, breakfast, free Wi-Fi and service. The Embassy Suites is very proud of its excellent team members and we are glad that your experience reflected their hard work and dedication.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Staff here are great and go out of their way to do whatever it takes to make your stay good. Breakfast is incredible. Hotel is beautiful inside and out. The afternoon reception is very nice and helps you to relax after a long day. I plan to stay at this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Brent D, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tulsa - I-44, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

We love your comments! The Embassy Suites is very proud of its fantastic team members and we are glad that your experience reflected their hard work. I will be sure to communicate your compliments to them

Reviewed September 10, 2013

This hotel was just lovely! Beautiful atrium style, with comfortable lobby. Helpful staff. I brought my daughters and granddaughter here for a girls' night away and we had a wonderful time. Our room was clean and comfortable. The hotel was easy to find and convenient to the rest of Tulsa. The breakfast was superb! My only negative about this hotel involved the food at the manager's reception....the raw veggies were a bit past their prime, and the dip for the potato chips was less than par. Otherwise, our experience was great! I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites for your visit to Tulsa! We are thrilled that you had an excellent stay. Our location is ideal for families and we are delighted that we were able to meet every ones needs, wants and expectations.

Based on your comment (regarding the manager’s reception) and others, we have made some changes to the nightly offerings.

Brent DeNardo